Wellington advice wanted

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From what I've been able to find out so far in my own project research Lee, for Mk.IIIs and Xs atleast, the fabric aft of the pilot's bulkhead seems to have been left as red doped cloth like your Swordfish (and my Mosquito) examples, the frames lacquered Aluminium as Terry mentioned, and the cockpit and nose areas painted entirely in Black, possibly Interior Green on some examples.

No worries mate! I'm still trying to find out if there is a 'definite' or official scheme, or if it was just unit's choice as to how (or if) they were painted internally... Mine will be as I described, anyway, as that seems to be the concensus so far.

Trackie, as you havnt done hardly any modeling before have you thought about looking for a local plastic model group ?. im not sure but i think there was one in the Southend area .They would be happy to give any advice and help starting and building kits.There are a few airo anaracs in my model group (me being one of them )and would always welcome someone new turning up if only to pick their brains for a few meetings . Good luck with the build

Users who are viewing this thread

Back