Wellington Mk III QB-F (424 Sqn)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Benoit PAQUET

Recruit
Aug 31, 2016
Hi everybody,
I'm looking for information about Wellington Mk III QB-F (424 Sqn) shot down in Western France (Ereac) on 26th January, 1943 (3 crew members KIA, including pilot Sgt Vernon Frederic McHarg and 3 prisoners). I'm member of an association which works on a project of Museum in memory of all airmen who's aircraft were shot down or crashed in Brittany during WWII. A part of our team regularly investigate the region to recover the wrecks in order to honnor airmen and to inform their families. The other part of our team is making model kits of the lost aircrafts (scale 1/48°). These model kits will be exhibited in the museum on a dioram of a RAF base (Oakington), among the wrecks that we found the past ten years.
As a member of this team, I'm doing today the model kit of the Wellington MkIII BJ714 code QB-F and I'm looking for information especially on the color scheme of the aircraft : camouflage, color and size of code QB-F (red ?)... Any information, photo would be helpful.
We recently (early July) exhibited some of our wrecks and the diorama with model kits in Chateaubriant (west part of France, 1 hour north of Nantes) and it was a great success with many visitors from France but also UK and Australia.
Please contact me via e-mail. Feel free to send me pictures or info. I will send you also with great pleasure pictures of our exhibition and I will give you more info about our museum project.
Our websites (in french only) :
- for aircrafts crashes investigation : absa3945.com
- the page dedicated to Wellington QB-F : Wellington _BJ714
- for the diorama with model kits : Projet "AA"
Yours sincerely
Benoit Paquet
aviationww2.e-monsite.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back