What airplane do you think this is a kit of? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
Screenshot_20221017-115751_eBay.jpg

While browsing Ebay I came upon this curious pile of Resin. It appears incomplete and the seller is not quite sure what it is, guessing that it is a Blackburn Botha. I'm not so sure and thought it would be a nice brain tease for my brothers aviation.

My guess is a Martin Maryland (or is it Baltimore?) but those wings seem too short in span.

View attachment 690967

While browsing Ebay I came upon this curious pile of Resin. It appears incomplete and the seller is not quite sure what it is, guessing that it is a Blackburn Botha. I'm not so sure and thought it would be a nice brain tease for my brothers aviation.

My guess is a Martin Maryland (or is it Baltimore?) but those wings seem too short in span.
Miles Monitor

Looks like the kit has some extra pieces like propeller spinners and tires.
What appears to be an oversized spinner is actually the nose cone.

It looks like the horizontal portion of the empinage is missing, though.

Great mystery challenge, well done, guys!

But there are two of them for a total of 4 spinners. One looks painted black, the other is unpainted. I think the nose cone is to the left of the massive propeller blade which if the same scale appear to be a foot or two wide.

But there are two of them for a total of 4 spinners. One looks painted black, the other is unpainted. I think the nose cone is to the left of the massive propeller blade which if the same scale appear to be a foot or two wide.
Oh...gotcha, I suspect those might be from another kit.

The little plastic bag seems to have props and gear struts in it. I can't zoom in enough with this damned phone to see for sure.

I thought the same ... the spinners, front cone and the wheels are the smaller ones.
spinners and nose con wheels.jpg

What appears to be an oversized spinner is actually the nose cone.

IMHO VB is right. The large spinners don't seem to belong to the kit. The black painted wheels and the prop blade as well.
spinners wheels and prop blade.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back