What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today I went for a covid PCR test - for the second time.

Friday afternoon the local hospital told me they could test me then but not process the test before Wednesday. I needed the result by 4pm today to show I am clear for surgery later in the week.

I was told I should drive to Bundaburg and could get the test done there 8-12 seven days a week and results within 48 hours.

Turns out that all except 3 hospitals in our region (2.5 times the size of Wales) have a seven day a week collection.

The three that only do Monday to Friday are all in the three major centres.

Apparently Qld Health logic is that residents of large population centres only get covid Monday to Friday but need the results within 48 hours and small town residents can get covid any day of the week and do not need the results for four or five days..

End result is my surgery is now September 16th.

Phuque or words to that effect

Having to explain to my children that their uncle is creep and excludes them from family functions because he doesn't like my wifes skin color. Thank God my nieces don't take after his pig headed nalgas.
It's also a shame that as siblings we only get together for sad events. My biological dad is in pretty bad shape, so we don't know how much longer he is going to be with us. I am not as close to him as my older brothers because he abandoned my mother when I was very young and it took me awhile to forgive him. This doesn't annoy as much as my moron brother, phony that he is, does!

Apparently Qld Health logic is that residents of large population centres only get covid Monday to Friday but need the results within 48 hours and small town residents can get covid any day of the week and do not need the results for four or five days..
You know, there has been a COVID testing station in the parking lot of the local shopping mall, 2 miles away, for I guess over a year now. I have no idea how long it takes you to get results. I am pretty sure I got the B4/B5 variant back in June. At the time I assumed it was my sinus allergies acting up but in retrospect it was much different than that. B4/B5 is even more contagious than the earlier variants but seems to have milder symptoms. I dearly hope the people unleashed this horrible burden on us reap the whirlwind, and with extreme prejudice.

Sorry for the gripe. It's something that can't be discussed freely with my brother.
As my Italian buddies used to say, "Is not to worry"... At least your family hasn't accused you of stealing inheritances, and a couple of murders to get them....That's why my wife's last living sibling is no longer mentioned or communicated with. Seems that after a few years of his and his wife's garbage talk about me, the rest of her family figured out that they didn't need to deal with their lies and garbage anymore.

Unfortunately in Qld, and most other Aus states, all restrictions were lifted and all the shopping centre and other similar testing stations were closed last Xmas and people were told to use impossible to get (at that time) PSA tests because PCR tests cost too much . Mask mandates etc were scrapped. On the day they were closed the total death toll from covid in Qld was 8 people in almost two years. Two weeks later it jumped by 7 in one day. Since then the death toll is in the 6 to 22 range almost every day. Aus went from one of the lowest covid infection rates and death rates in the world to one of the highest and have stayed at or near the top of the infection rate ever since. Hospitals are overloaded and it is not uncommon for ambulances to sit outside a hospital for 12 hours with a patient on board because there is no room in the hospital for the patient. One that made the news recently was 22 hours in a ramped ambulance before he was moved to the Emergency ward and another 9 days in hospital before he got the MRI the doctor had called the ambo's for as the doctor suspected a severe and agressive cancer. The doctor was right and the patient is past treatment. Maybe not nine days earlier but we will never know.

Todays Worldometer update shows
1658178608240.png

Last edited:
Our first 30C+ day of the year. The media is acting like It's a National disaster. Liveblog on the National agency had to keep us updated how everybody is suffering. Also "heatplans" are in place to deal with the situation. We're flooded with articles about how everything is warming up and we'll have to expect more of there' this "extreme weather".

I'm not a global warming denier and I feel we can do more to protect the environment, but why all the panicking and negativity? I mean, it's not that we never had warm days over 30 degrees in summer before in the last few centuries or so. It's just one freaking day. :rolleyes:

yep

We had that same crap here about 5 or 6 years back when Sydney broke a temperature record that was 150 years old by 0.1C.

There is absolutely no doubt that mankind is doing damage to the environment, and that a lot of the damage needs to be prevented, but the alarmists are full of it.

My immediate questions were
  • 150 years ago how many building air conditioners were belching heat into the Sydney atmosphere
  • 150 years ago how many vehicle exhausts were belching heat into the Sydney atmosphere
  • 150 years ago how many vehicle radiators were belching heat into the Sydney atmosphere
  • 150 years ago how many vehicle air conditioners were belching heat into the Sydney atmosphere
  • 150 years ago how many car exhausts were belching heat into the Sydney atmosphere
  • 150 years ago how many people were radiating heat into the Sydney atmosphere (as part of the 1957 International Geophysical Year science program in my class we had to determine how much heat the average student radiated. I was 13 then and the average student radiated more heat than a 100 watt incandescent light bulb - given the average modern adult is double our weight in 1957, and the amount of heat radiated was directly proportional to the individual students weights, the modern senior student/adult radiates about double what our class members did.) Sydney's population grew from 100,000 to 4 million in that period so 40x the population - or 4,000% if you prefer percentages.
  • 150 years ago how many blacktop roads were absorbing solar energy then radiating heat back into the Sydney atmosphere
  • 150 years ago how many dark coloured roof tiles were absorbing solar energy then radiating heat back into the Sydney atmosphere
  • etc
  • If the temperature is only 0.1C hotter now, how much cooler would it have been without all the above modern heat sources.

They do the "heat hype" here, too, but Redding has always had extreme high summer temps, often rivaling Death Valley.

The two highest recorded highs, were 118°F (47C), which occurred several timesover the past century, most recently ten years ago and 121°F (49C) which occurred around 1911.
There are quite a few people, however, that claim that the heat is a recent thing and that recorded temperatures a hundred years ago are wrong because they didn't have the ability to accurately measure temperatures...

Interestingly enough, dendrochrinologists (the science of reading tree rings) have pointed out that California's droughts have been mild for the past 150 years compared to the centuries prior.
The last extended drought, was in the mid-1800's, before that, was a 35 year drought (which almost caused Spain to abandon Alta California).
But currently, we're being bombarded by claims of "historic and unprecented" temps and drought.

It gets a bit tiresome, to be honest.

150 years ago how many building air conditioners were belching heat into the Sydney atmosphere
150 years ago how many air conditioners were belching heat next to weather monitoring stations that had been located in open fields decades before?

E.G., Twin Pines Farm becomes Lone Pine Mall.

The most severe Florida winter in recorded history was 2010.

My good news about the shoulder was undone this morning as I fell on my walk. Totally my fault as there was a smooth sidewalk. Broken collarbone but not displaced so no surgery, just go home and put the sling YOU JUST TOOK OFF back on. no idea yet what the recovery period will be but docs weren't too concerned. Updates after I see my ortho doc. (I am so clumsy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back