What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My good news about the shoulder was undone this morning as I fell on my walk. Totally my fault as there was a smooth sidewalk. Broken collarbone but not displaced so no surgery, just go home and put the sling YOU JUST TOOK OFF back on. no idea yet what the recovery period will be but docs weren't too concerned. Updates after I see my ortho doc. (I am so clumsy)
Get well soon.

Still getting the occasional sharp stabbing pain in my mid-back. Most often happens when I'm hunched over and take a very deep breath. Hard to tell if it is muscular or in internal. Checked once again for the dagger in the back. I used to have sudden attacks of Pleurisy, after having a collapsed lung many years ago and it kinda feels like that did. Off to the doctor this afternoon.

Still getting the occasional sharp stabbing pain in my mid-back. Most often happens when I'm hunched over and take a very deep breath. Hard to tell if it is muscular or in internal. Checked once again for the dagger in the back. I used to have sudden attacks of Pleurisy, after having a collapsed lung many years ago and it kinda feels like that did. Off to the doctor this afternoon.
Life sucks at times, hope you get a fix. :D

Got back to my room last night after work prepared for a quick shower before supper. My key card didn't work and I noticed a Night Shift magnet on the door. Down to the lobby and I find that they've given my room to someone else while I was at work. The desk clerk acted like it was my fault and the two other guys show up with the same problem. I get into my room finally and notice my stuff had been moved around and some laying on the floor. I check everything and nothing missing and I politely ask that my room be recleaned which seemed to put the camp manager off. I had supper and went to the desk to get my new key and saw three other guys with a different problem. They get their room for one night and have to check out and then they check in and get a different room. The catering company in charge of meals and rooms is called "Sodexo" and are infamous around the world. They once served horsemeat to the Queen, poisoned grade school children with spoiled food and in my home town, at a senior's lodge, they ran out of food and gave the rest energy drinks for supper. I've heard their contract is up shortly.....these clowns have to go

Got back to my room last night after work prepared for a quick shower before supper. My key card didn't work and I noticed a Night Shift magnet on the door. Down to the lobby and I find that they've given my room to someone else while I was at work. The desk clerk acted like it was my fault and the two other guys show up with the same problem. I get into my room finally and notice my stuff had been moved around and some laying on the floor. I check everything and nothing missing and I politely ask that my room be recleaned which seemed to put the camp manager off. I had supper and went to the desk to get my new key and saw three other guys with a different problem. They get their room for one night and have to check out and then they check in and get a different room. The catering company in charge of meals and rooms is called "Sodexo" and are infamous around the world. They once served horsemeat to the Queen, poisoned grade school children with spoiled food and in my home town, at a senior's lodge, they ran out of food and gave the rest energy drinks for supper. I've heard their contract is up shortly.....these clowns have to go

Thats what happens when your employer takes the lowest bidder.

Actually, yesterday.
Trying to get everything done ahead of my 4-day weekend, and get enough stuff lined up for my assistant to keep him busy the next two days. A couple custom jobs come in, but layout is running two weeks behind, so I figure, "these can wait until Monday." At 4PM I get called into the office to get yelled at because one job is being loaded for early morning delivery and no-one can find it. Well, no-one told me it was a rush, so I didn't rush. I still have an hour, so I finish the job in progress, switch coils to run the rush, have to deal with the office, who are suddenly very interested in a job that only came in a noon, stay an extra hour to get it done and then I'm told. "Well, we'll just send it on the next truck since layout doesn't have their stuff ready yet." WTF?!!!

Well, while doing the neck/shoulder/back stretching exercises the doctor gave me yesterday, I felt a catch/crack in my left neck/shoulder and now that is killing me. Will it never end? The neck thing has been going on for years now after too many rear) end car accidents (at least 4 that I can think of) while minding my own business at stop signs-lights. Need an amputation from the neck down I guess.!!

Bidenflation annoyed me! I normally keep some sliced turkey lunch meat on hand; it is my first and often last resort for a sandwich at lunch. A couple of years or so back it was $1.99 for 9 oz and then went to $1.73. It went up to $2.50. I bought some today and it was $4.46! Inflation is at 9%? Is that on a per month basis?

There was a good article here on the real cause of inflation about a week ago. Cant find it though

Milk has gone up 25c a litre (roughly US Quart) so coffee shops say they need to increase the price of a coffee by 80c. By that logic every 0.4 litres of coffee contains 3.2 litres of milk.

Another example - for many years the cost of diesel and petrol/gasoline have been within a few cents of each other - sometimes diesel is higher, other times the reverse. Currently diesel in my nearest city is 225.9 cents per litre and petrol is 181.5 - 44c/l more for diesel. That is causing transport companies to add a fuel surcharge that adds to the cost of everything you buy and the companies in the middle - your supermarkets, etc - all add a percentage to that so that they make bigger profits. Most farmers who supply the big supermarket chains are on fixed price contracts so the increase in diesel prices means they are loosing money but the supermarkets do not give a damn and pretend that the higher prices you are paying for fruit and veges are because they are paying more to the farmer.

Several local retailers from national chains are charging more for advertised sale items and unless you are looking for it you get caught. Example - the batteries for my landline phones cost $8.99 in Melbourne and 24.99 locally "because of transport costs" I bought 4 from Melbourne for $44.00 including express freight.

Another factor is the price of gas and fuel have skyrocketed "because of Ukraine". Utter tosh. The cost of production has not changed at all. The prices have skyrocketed because "futures investors" are using the shortage to rake off a big profit without doing one physical damned thing. They buy the product before it is produced and sell it with as fat a markup as they can get away with.

Our local small town supermarket is selling Bundaberg softdrinks (less than 100km from Bundaberg) for $6.99 for four. I buy mine from Amazon Aus and they cost $23.00 for 24 including freight from Sydney.

It is not the governments that are causing inflation - it is runaway greed.

How can the government of any country stop that without draconian measures (like banning futures trading) that would be killed by the courts?

Last edited:
What really annoyed me today was that I bought a national brand of Creme Fraiche yesterday. Bulla was bought by the Chinese about 10 years back and the only Chinese writing on the container is the Use by date. What @#$%^& use is that to someone who does not read Chinese. And no, there is nothing on the lid that could be construed as a use by date.
1658630537821.png

1658630426695.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back