What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What am I doing today? Hmm, let me think, working, doing errands, collecting my daughter from college and oh yeah, dodging this big fu@#ing hurricane...
In fact, the sky is leaden grey this morning already.

The green arrow points to the green dot which is me.

Milton I.png

Helene came by last week and absolutely blasted St Petersburg and our barrier islands, in fact, the house we had in the 80's and 90's on Bradenton Beach (40 miles south of where we are now) was destroyed. We were unfortunately on the southeast quadrant of the storm (not the place to be) and got one hell of a storm surge with a LOT of flooding. This time around we should be on the northern side of it so maybe it won't be so bad, but the areas south of us won't be so lucky.

I've lived here since 1980 but this is one of the only times I'm nervous about it, they virtually never make a bee line for Clearwater, which is why I chose the Gulf Coast. I can't see us having power after Wednesday so I may be offline for a while but we should be OK. Got plenty of food and water and other supplies already so not standing in the queue at the store, we plan ahead.

Also our dwelling is rock solid and not in an evac zone and even Orwell (my 1985 SS Monte Carlo (built and purchased in 1984)) is in a garage on pretty high ground so I think we're safe from just about everything 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back