What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I feel your pain. I hope the crew gets the site issues resolved soon.might be time to swap monkeys
Had a "Come to Jesus" meeting yesterday, I do believe it's the first time someone actually gave these twerps negative feedback in their whole life. The 25yo woman that I tasked with cleaning up links from the beta site to the live site first tried the "poor me" bullshit by almost crying, then got mad when it didn't work. I try to be a gentleman at all times but the end result of her entitlement antics was me telling her to shut the fuck up and do your job or I'll find someone that will.

We put a big sign on the office door saying not bother us because it was the last week of the month and we were closing the books. We had over 100 accounts 100,000 dollars each. There was only three of us. Blondie walked in and threw papers on the desk and said I had to work her issue right then. My desk was by the door and I was the gate keeper. I said sorry no and to try again next week. She refused to leave and I jumped all over her about disturbing us and ran her off. About an hour later the operations manager said the he got a complaint that I was mean and picking on coworkers. Really I was the problem and not the person that was not following procedures and was not able to read. O to be young and blonde. :evil:

We put a big sign on the office door saying not bother us because it was the last week of the month and we were closing the books. We had over 100 accounts 100,000 dollars each. There was only three of us. Blondie walked in and threw papers on the desk and said I had to work her issue right then. My desk was by the door and I was the gate keeper. I said sorry no and to try again next week. She refused to leave and I jumped all over her about disturbing us and ran her off. About an hour later the operations manager said the he got a complaint that I was mean and picking on coworkers. Really I was the problem and not the person that was not following procedures and was not able to read. O to be young and blonde. :evil:
I feel your pain brother.

Maybe this will help cheer you up :)

Back in the late nineties I was doing a lot of GIS work and shared a large office with our assistant manager. I happen to be in the men's room when two separate women from different departments came in, both wanting their stuff A.S.A.P.!!!

He told them I was working on a high priority project but will get to them as soon as I was able. That wasn't good enough for either of them and they got rather quarrelsome with him. He suffered idiots about as good as I do which is not very well, so he told them to go out into the hall and fight it out, the winner could come back in and request their data after I was finished with what I was working on.

They threatened to start a Human Resources shitstorm except we had collectively threatened to leave over an earlier incident and they didn't dare provoke us any further. We already had a plan in place to leave and form our own company and come back as higher paid subcontractors.

Long story short, they ended up bringing us two dozen donuts from a really good local bakery to appease us (especially since running to H/R blew up in their collective faces)

Amazingly enough, I stayed there for two more years, but everything was actually pretty smooth after that.

While I do miss doing what I used to do (before my auto wreck), I do not miss dealing with a-hole clients or resolving customer issues.

On one occasion, there was a female (who happened to be blonde, by the way) who owned a fleet of medical client transport vans. She wanted to have the Nokia cellphone hands-free kits installed (Nokia CarK-91) and wanted to get her installation schedule pushed ahead of other clients who were already in the process of having their installs or already on the schedule.

Since the sales staff had to go through me (I was the automotive division head) to schedule anything, they were unable to give her a satisfactory answer. So she demanded (rather loudly) that she was to see me immediately.
The front office told her I was in a meeting and would get back to her. Not good enough, I was to be seen immediately.

Our receptionist came in to let me know that I was being summoned and I told her I would be done in about an hour and then gave the old gal my reply.

Upon hearing my answer, she had a meltdown, then marched past everyone in the office and burst into the meeting room. As she came in, all puffed up, she froze as she took in all of us seated around a large table with our notes, paperwork and material.
Seated around me were area Sherrifs, Police Chiefs, Federal and State divisional LEO commanders and their captain's. We were discussing the transition from incandescent lighting to LED lighting and how they conformed to California State Title 13 - LEDs hadn't been introduced into the vehicle code yet and we wanted to be compliant.

She stood there frozen as she took in all of us staring at her and she mumbled "oh...sorry, sorry..." and backed out slowly and left the shop without a word.

She had her assistant call me to work with scheduling.

Which I put six weeks out.

I feel your pain brother.

Maybe this will help cheer you up :)

Back in the late nineties I was doing a lot of GIS work and shared a large office with our assistant manager. I happen to be in the men's room when two separate women from different departments came in, both wanting their stuff A.S.A.P.!!!

He told them I was working on a high priority project but will get to them as soon as I was able. That wasn't good enough for either of them and they got rather quarrelsome with him. He suffered idiots about as good as I do which is not very well, so he told them to go out into the hall and fight it out, the winner could come back in and request their data after I was finished with what I was working on.

They threatened to start a Human Resources shitstorm except we had collectively threatened to leave over an earlier incident and they didn't dare provoke us any further. We already had a plan in place to leave and form our own company and come back as higher paid subcontractors.

Long story short, they ended up bringing us two dozen donuts from a really good local bakery to appease us (especially since running to H/R blew up in their collective faces)

Amazingly enough, I stayed there for two more years, but everything was actually pretty smooth after that.
Nice. I have a side business that I have been running for a little over 20 years. There is nothing I like better than when a current client or possible new one calls me or walks in and demands that I do x, y, or Z just because they say so. Love telling them bye bye. Remember, a $*&^ up on your part does not mean an emergency on my part.

Cataract surgery. Don't know how it's done but I hate anything touching my eyes including eyr drops.
Have no worry, you will not feel a thing and apart from an eye patch overnight, removed the following morning at you doc surgery, that's all there is to it. I'm being honest as I'm sure many others will say. :D

My Auntie put off having her cataracts done for similar reasons - didn't like the idea of anyone messing with her eyes.

As soon as she had the first one done she started asking the doctor when she could have the second one done. She
couldn't believe the difference so don't worry - eye doctors have this one down pretty well.

Cataract surgery. Don't know how it's done but I hate anything touching my eyes including eyr drops.

My dad had it done a couple if years ago. Had no issues.

Modern eye surgery techniques are great. Low risk, quick recoveries. I had LASIK done almost 4 years ago. It is done similar with lasers. Took only like 20 seconds per eye. Minimal discomfort, and had to wear eye patches at night for a week. Went from 20/400 to 20/10. My vision is still perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back