What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Health Insurance billing run-around!!!! Finally got a straight answer (kinda) and several "wrong dept, I'll transfer you". And this isn't even Gov't supplied health care!!!
I am the insurance master. Welcome to my personal hell. 30 years dealing with health insurance. The first level is the overseas call center where no one including supervisor can answer the most basic question. No questions answered that is not on script and they are taught to not go off script. At no time is a supervisor available, transfer the call to an extension that is not ever answered or the dreaded a supervisor will call you back in 24 or 48 hours. Aaaggg. Later, if you are strong of heart, we can talk about the other 6 levels of hell. If you want, contact me with any questions. Due the a high volume of call, we will get to you call as soon as possible. Please hold or press 1 and some will call you back. You will not lose your place in the que...start Wayne Newton hold music....insert evil lighter here.....

Last edited:
They are hoping to wear you down. Then they will send your account to collections without acknowledging that they F'ed up.
Yep, and it's for my yearly physical which has been covered 100% every year in the past. This year the covered part of it, but put the "discussion of my meds list and bloodwork" towards my deductable stating it is a pre-existing condition. Been covered 100% for the last 17 years I've been on this insurance plan. Must not have made enough money last year. Trying to talk someone into changing/or checking is like pulling teeth (they would probably add that on as a cost to me as well).

Last edited:
Yep, and it's for my yearly physical which has been covered 100% every year in the past. This year the covered part of it, but put the "discussion of my meds list and bloodwork" towards my deductable stating it is a pre-existing condition. Been covered 100% for the last 17 years I've been on this insurance plan. Must not have made enough money last year. Trying to talk someone into changing/or checking is like pulling teeth (they would probably add that on as a cost to me as well).
It has always been the case that it is wellness/routine until it involves a medical condition. The terms lead to confusion. Lab work that you have regularly done on a routine check is not considered routine in the medical industry. Routine means an annual exam when there is no medical condition involved. If you go in for a wellness exam and they find something, it is automatically a sick visit and no longer wellness/routine. This would not be prex unless you just changed insurance and that would be another issue. It sounds like in the past, you were lucky and someone was cutting a break or did not know what they were doing when billing. Wellness went through a major change under affordable care act. Not political, just facts. Government made most plans have free wellness exams. Dr push it because they will get paid and no charge to the patient. Win win for the Dr. They get paid if you are well or sick. If you come in for regular medication check or lab check, they bill for that and add in the free wellness exam. Many doctors don't know the system. They just treat the patient and follows the procedures given to them by the head doctor or money person. There is a industry that makes a killing teaching doctor office how to bill on one side and teaching insurance how to minimize payouts and it is all driven by CMS guidelines and regulations. That is the Medicare, aka government.

Last edited:
It 16 degrees F last night. Woke up and found this. Now waiting for the Grenich to make the repairs. Oops, did I said that out loud? The boss said it was my fault.

Attachments

• IMG_20221223_081615.jpg
    IMG_20221223_081615.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
2 year old batteries in the truck decided to take dump this morning. Got the block heater going and the charger on them to see if I can get them to revive enough to start the truck and go get a new set...Grrrr.....Another 500$+ unplanned maintenance hit for the year... Haven't replaced the wife's vehicle yet, so been operating on the truck only and rentals as needed.

The boss said it was my fault.
Tsk, tsk! She was right. Climate change is here and all bets are off. We in the north have to prepare for the heat, and you folks formerly insulated from the cold better get used to it. Frost proof sillcocks and drained supply lines are SOP. Those Styrofoam sillcock protectors are a joke and a crime. No rest for the wicked.

Today? Myself. I've been kind of a dick to people I love, and I need to be better than this.
Right with you. In case it has been a bad decade so far. Out of work again, unemployment will not pay me until I return to work for 6 weeks, got covid, wife injured at work at got a 36% impairment. Trouble with both hands now and right arm, and the crazy ness with the shutdown in 2020. We are totally stressed with no end in sight. We fight all the time these days. The thing is you do the best you can and try to do better tomorrow. I am not always a dick but when I am, I'm and really big one.

Right with you. In case it has been a bad decade so far. Out of work again, unemployment will not pay me until I return to work for 6 weeks, got covid, wife injured at work at got a 36% impairment. Trouble with both hands now and right arm, and the crazy ness with the shutdown in 2020. We are totally stressed with no end in sight. We fight all the time these days. The thing is you do the best you can and try to do better tomorrow. I am not always a dick but when I am, I'm and really big one.

I had to apologize to my own mother tonight for being a jerk, because I was. I know I'm better than this, but goddamn, I haven't been for two days now, and I'd better get a grip on it. Accountability first, and improvement next.

It 16 degrees F last night. Woke up and found this. Now waiting for the Grenich to make the repairs. Oops, did I said that out loud? The boss said it was my fault.
Happy update. We ended up not having a broken pipe from the freeze. Just the faucet was damaged. Glad I did not try to repair it myself. The plumber like to never got the old faucet off of the pipe. Since it was 20 degrees F, I did not mind paying to have it replaced. I just did not like having to pay the 125.00 fee for it being a holiday. It is only the 12/23. Lot cheaper than the actual break in 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back