What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting and Informative!

Marcel Marcel , Wurger Wurger : I really wish you to find a good, reasonable and stable solution for this!

It's good to keep "traditions" alive, but should bring us tears of joy, not pain.

I wish I can do same for our "fire works show" too!

Actually it is not that bad it could be expected. A year ago the new regulations were introduced. Although the fire works can be used on the two days per a year only there are cities where these are forbidden all year long even on these two days. Also it is forbidden to sell the fire works to minors.

All this talk about fireworks mishaps reminds me of what happened to a former classmate. He tried to make the "mother of all fireworks", strapping bottle rockets, M-80s, cherry bombs, smoke bombs and roman candles together. He lit the fuse and ran, but after nothing happened for about a minute he went back to see what had gone wrong. The fuse had burned out just inches from the main bundle. So he decided to try and light it again. To do this he had to reach inside the bundle with his left hand. Well, he lit the fuse and caught his hand inside the bundle. As he tried to run, the entire contraption was dragged along with him. When it went off he was badly burned over half his body, lost his left hand, his left foot, and his left eye. They rushed him to the ER, where the doctors worked feverishly to save his life. Finally, after hours of surgery, the lead doctor emerged to assure us he was going to be all right now.

All this talk about fireworks mishaps reminds me of what happened to a former classmate. He tried to make the "mother of all fireworks", strapping bottle rockets, M-80s, cherry bombs, smoke bombs and roman candles together. He lit the fuse and ran, but after nothing happened for about a minute he went back to see what had gone wrong. The fuse had burned out just inches from the main bundle. So he decided to try and light it again. To do this he had to reach inside the bundle with his left hand. Well, he lit the fuse and caught his hand inside the bundle. As he tried to run, the entire contraption was dragged along with him. When it went off he was badly burned over half his body, lost his left hand, his left foot, and his left eye. They rushed him to the ER, where the doctors worked feverishly to save his life. Finally, after hours of surgery, the lead doctor emerged to assure us he was going to be all right now.
Reminds me of a guy called "bomber" who was in my school in the '70's in Scotland, we used to go up to the braes to watch his latest creation blow up which were pipe bombs of increasing sizes. Clever guy, stole chemicals out of the science lab, built a megga bomb in his bed room and blew himself and his parents up. Lost an arm, a kidney and an eye and injured his parents. when the floor gave out. All good fun util someone loses an eye!

Marcel Marcel : TBH, based on this video, the situation seems like modern version of "last Wednesday" in Iran ...

Oh, that brings back memories, who can jump over the biggest flames, lining up to take your turn, and so on. Being kids, we were too dumb to care who looked different or spoke another language, we just ran and jumped and danced.

My own annoyance today, my hip has been very cranky. I'm used to the constant pain and usually don't notice it, but today, every steps hurts.

Reminds me of a guy called "bomber" who was in my school in the '70's in Scotland, we used to go up to the braes to watch his latest creation blow up which were pipe bombs of increasing sizes. Clever guy, stole chemicals out of the science lab, built a megga bomb in his bed room and blew himself and his parents up. Lost an arm, a kidney and an eye and injured his parents. when the floor gave out. All good fun util someone loses an eye!
In this case my joke was so subtle that the punch line was missed by all.
He lost his left hand, left foot, left eye and was burned over half his body, but he's all right now.

Being sick again. This time with a sinus infection.

2023 better be a more healthy year.
I feel your pain, had Covid in July (two weeks out), September had "just" the flu (two weeks out). December 7, was walking out the door and had terrible chest pain hit me like a bullet, sat in the car for several minutes as pain moved up to my jaw. Went to the E/R, got admitted for overnight observation. They ran all kinds of tests and took blood every two hours, Thank God no coronary issue was detected. They narrowed it down to a gall bladder attack (did have some delicious pork ribs my son made the night before). So will have to have the old gall bladder looked at.

Got out of the hospital, went home and promptly came down with another "influenza A" that made covid look like a walk in the park (two weeks out).

Last Monday, January 1 my son and I were rear ended at a stoplight which aggravated my old spinal injuries from 1980, fortunately the pain from that is pretty much subsided.

So long story short, since July 4 I've been out sick 35 days, so yeah, I'm hoping 2023 is WAAAAAY better than 2022 was.

10 weeks now without work. Hired by one company only to have the offer taken back two weeks later. Had one company called me out if the blue wanting me because of my experience for the IT department. Three people were needed. They would pay the cost to train me, several thousand of dollars. A legitimate program by a major health care provider in the Houston Region. Went through the first interview and was asked to test. Have to test within 48 hours and the pass rate is 4%. After crazy stress, took the 2 hour test with stupid questions and passed. Took the Second interview and was told I would go through the third interview the following Wednesday. There people would be chosen the 2 week in January and training would start the 3rd week in another state. No email with time on Monday and Tuesday. No response to my phone calls or email. Finally get an email late Tuesday saying They were going with other people. WTF! Now I have had another company said I would have a second interview and never heard back from them. This has happened three times now. So yesterday afternoon, I am notified that my former employer has change insurance carrier and my cobra insurance is going up 200.00 a month. If I don't start work on Jan 2, I will be out of money in 3 months. I have not even been able to get a retail job with everyone having help wanted signs. I was told no one will hire me for minimum wage because I would just leave when I get real work. In the mean time unemployment appeal was denied but I can get my unemployment money once I have worked full time for 6 weeks. I live in a Douglas Adams world. But I am feeling much better now.
Hang in there buddy, you know we're all pulling for you, something will break and this will just be a fading painful memory for ya!

I feel your pain, had Covid in July (two weeks out), September had "just" the flu (two weeks out). December 7, was walking out the door and had terrible chest pain hit me like a bullet, sat in the car for several minutes as pain moved up to my jaw. Went to the E/R, got admitted for overnight observation. They ran all kinds of tests and took blood every two hours, Thank God no coronary issue was detected. They narrowed it down to a gall bladder attack (did have some delicious pork ribs my son made the night before). So will have to have the old gall bladder looked at.

Got out of the hospital, went home and promptly came down with another "influenza A" that made covid look like a walk in the park (two weeks out).

Last Monday, January 1 my son and I were rear ended at a stoplight which aggravated my old spinal injuries from 1980, fortunately the pain from that is pretty much subsided.

So long story short, since July 4 I've been out sick 35 days, so yeah, I'm hoping 2023 is WAAAAAY better than 2022 was.

I hear you my friend. 2023 better be much improved. This is just getting out of hand.

Wishing better health for you. I have always been lucky in the health issues. I had chest pains back in 2004 and I went straight to the Dr. They said I should have gone to the ER. Also ended up not cardio. Thanksgiving 2005 I started having chest pains and it was worse. I was at my father's and I went to the hsp down the street. Admitted for couple of days and lots of test. A lady came in and did a sonogram on my heart. She could not tell me anything. As she was leaving, she did said that it was good to see a health heart for a change. Than made the stress teat go much better. Ended up that I was having to deal with to much stress in my life. I made some changes and things did get better.

Being sick again. This time with a sinus infection.

2023 better be a more healthy year.
I hear you, I'm on my second sinus infection since November (at least I hope that is what it is, been testing for covid for a week now just to make sure). This one really has me bogged down, usually it's a massive sinus pressure/headache, but this time I'm so fatigued I feel like sleeping all day long.

Staggered out to the truck to go to work and no headlights.....grrrrrrr. Going to have to chase things down now to see why. Will have to check fuses under the hood, but more likely the switch, as there is no headlight relay on the 99 Super Duties. Would grab a light and try to do some checkign now, but the neighbor's dogs are out and going nuts with any noise I make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back