What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. Its one of the greatest albums of all time. But that's not why people are losing their mind.

They are upset over the rainbow. Saying Pink Floyd has gone woke. They are calling for a boycott.

Obviously they have never seen the original album cover or heard of a prism and light refraction. That and they are dumbasses.

View attachment 703245
Ooooooooooooo, sensitive are we............. stupid are they.................... people, get an F'n grip!
It was my First real album purchase in vinyl.
Then 8 track, then cassette then CD and I still play it in my car!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'll look for this one!

I saw that an airshow was coming to town featuring the Thunderbirds. I was pretty happy until I read the details- It's gonna be a little expensive to see, depending on how one wants to 'experience' it. For about forty bucks me and three nonexistent friends can have a lawn box for four, a 10'x12' chalked out box in the 'cool grass'. There's no such thing under the sun in May in Georgia. For about twenty dollars more I can have a reserved chair for just me. For over one hundred I can have a chair and a table under a circus tent thing, and there would be an executive air-conditioned trailer to use the bathroom and safely sanitize my hands. General Admission is thirty bucks with no frills porta-pottys and bring your own chair. Is it just me or does this seem too organized? I can't help but compare and contrast to airshows in the '70's and '80's and to me it's like seeing a band with all the original members versus seeing the same band with only one original member. I'm leaning towards skipping it.

Greg: Set up a bank account with a small amount of cash. Transfer in what you need to pay with, then pay within the hour. Much harder to have it breached, and if so, very little lost. I do that with our bills. Log into the bank, transfer the money, then log out. Log in to each of the services, pay the bill and log out. Takes me about 20 minutes total. If the bill pay account gets breached, then they can only get a hundred bucks or so at max. I don't use autopay from anyone, and I don't pay via the bank system, rather log in to the system of whomever is billing me.

I do that too. It works well. And I cut my credit card limit to $300 after it was breached by Qantas in 2001. It gives me a little leaway when I need to make an urgent purchase and do not have bank access. And I never do any banking on my phone so if it is stolen I am safe.

Last edited:
While trying to clear some brush this morning, a twig snapped back in my face, hitting me in the left eye.
Aparently, the twig struck my eye and travelled about an inch and a half back, between the eye and the eyelid - that's about how long it was as I pulled it out.

Stung like a MoFo and made a bloody mess. Kind of unsettling to see blood coming out of the eye, but I cleaned everything up and it seems to be doing ok, though the eye is solid red where it should be white.

While trying to clear some brush this morning, a twig snapped back in my face, hitting me in the left eye.
Aparently, the twig struck my eye and travelled about an inch and a half back, between the eye and the eyelid - that's about how long it was as I pulled it out.

Stung like a MoFo and made a bloody mess. Kind of unsettling to see blood coming out of the eye, but I cleaned everything up and it seems to be doing ok, though the eye is solid red where it should be white.
A close call! Hope you are ok

More ice coming today. We've been almost completely iced in since Monday morning. Supposed to get into the upper 40's on Thursday tho, so that will help. It's bad enough here at the house, that I can't even get into the garage to work on the airplane. I don't do solid ice walking anymore if I don't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back