What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I cut my own hair, save a lot of money....

1685816426596.png

Had a dual point Mallory distributor on my 73 2600 Capri. Always fun when I had to do a tune up
Supplemented the stock coil in my 63 SAAB 850 with a Mallory Firebolt, and the redline went from 5500 to 7500. Replaced the air cleaner element with a velocity tube and the two mufflers with glass packs, and she'd turn 9000. Fearing disaster, I put in a roller crank and topped 10K. All this, of course required enriching the oil/gas mixture and using high priced chainsaw competition oil, which didn't idle gracefully, but the ring-ding-ding-ding turned into an aggressive snarl with an instant RPM drop after. I would drive to an event on the stock coil, with the air cleaner element installed and baffles in the glass packs, totally incognito except for the absence of ring-dings and the not quite stock tires. Then presto-change-o, the pussycat became a tiger, much to the embarrassment of many way more expensive machines that came in on trailers. Lotsa fun on a skinny budget!

big public open day yesterday - restricted to going slowww - the screeching of the rails on curves was deafening (should'a got boss to grease the iron). Members of the public entering the restricted area of our rail track - could'a, should'a run him down:twisted:. Members of the public flipping our points - could'a derailed - again ! :mad: lucky I was alert & warned the motorman who was busy talking to passengers !!

Attachments

• my work car.jpg
    my work car.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 8
The same lady has been cutting my hair since 2005. It should not be so hard to get a good haircut. I had walked out of two other places for their bad attitude. I pulled on to a place 20 minutes away passing several other places. I walked in not a happy camper and nice young lady drew me. She looked like she was in high school. She did not stop talking to entire I was in the chair. I told her what a wanted and she did it right the first time. She the only one in the place that can cut it. She will till me who is authorized to cut when she is not in.

When new in one town went to a lot of bad barbers for first year. Then went to a large one in a shopping centre where the only girl not booked out was a trainee. I decided she could not do any worse and said yes and told her what I wanted. She did it perfectly then had to go get the boss for approval. The boss immeadiately grabbed the clippers with the intention of cutting more off and was swinging them towards me when I bellowed STOP and asked what the $%^&* she was intending to do because the trainee had cut my hair the exact way I wanted it. While she was stuttering I then very loudly complemented the trainee for doing exactly as I had asked instead of doing what she wanted like every other barber in town and gave her a large tip (not a normal practice in Aus). Last time I went there she slipped a card in my pocket of where she was going to be in future as the boss had told her as soon as her traineeship finished she was out the door.

She cut my hair for a further five years.

Forgot about some paperwork that needs scanning. I am about to say hell with it. Central office can do it. I organized it. Just needs scanning, which will be a chore as well. Friday taking my 28 students to the park. That doesn't bother me because they have been great. The paperwork, though, irritates me because the two ladies I work with hate each other. One's mad at me because I didn't take her and her unruly group to Chicago with my class. The other pretends to like me, but does because she hates the other lady. At what point did being unprofessional become the standard. I am the point of not giving two Fs here. I am glad I am doing 4th grade DL next year. At least on the elementary side they are civil.

Forgot about some paperwork that needs scanning. I am about to say hell with it. Central office can do it. I organized it. Just needs scanning, which will be a chore as well. Friday taking my 28 students to the park. That doesn't bother me because they have been great. The paperwork, though, irritates me because the two ladies I work with hate each other. One's mad at me because I didn't take her and her unruly group to Chicago with my class. The other pretends to like me, but does because she hates the other lady. At what point did being unprofessional become the standard. I am the point of not giving two Fs here. I am glad I am doing 4th grade DL next year. At least on the elementary side they are civil.
Is this public or private skrool? Hell......doesn't matter. In my experience, the fake smile back stabbing is pretty much the same either place. Oh and it's quite "en-vogue" to be unprofessional these days. Just feel oppressed and you're free to do at will.

Rant off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back