What Annoyed You Today? (36 Viewers)

Firefox did yet another update of their Internet Browser software last weekend and the results are so horrific that I have essentially lost the ability to use e-mail.

I decided I'd had enough and that I'd download the DuckDDuckGo Internet Browser. When you bring up the DuckDuckGo search page they have an invite right there on it to download their internet browser installation package. So I clicked on it, the image being a cardboard box. As it turned out all I downloaded was a 786 byte file. Not 786 KB or 786 MB, just 786 B. And that turns out to be JUST the cardboard box picture. I finally went to DuckDuckGo and did a search for DuckDuckGo Internet browser download and then found I got a 9MB file that is supposed to be the installation package. So we will see if that works.

Now, the people operating outfits like Firefox and DuckDuckGo are supposedly computer experts, right? Back when I first retired from the USAF I ended up being the local IT guy for a small company and had to handle setting up networks, setting up new computers, updating computers, repairing failed computers, getting rid of virus infections, fixing broken software installations, etc., so I am not totally clueless, just substantially clueless.

BUT it appears some of the "computer professionals" we have nowadays are the type of people who can cross thread a bowling ball.
 
Whole bunch of things beginning with 7th grade in the am and added on to by 6th grade (group 2) in the afternoon. Thankful it is a three day weekend. 8th grade and the first 6th grade (group 1) were fine.
 
Just had a company wide safety meeting.

Turns out it gets darker earlier and lighter later in winter, do i need to put on my car headlights when driving in the dark, it also can be wet, trees loose their leaves and it may get icy or snow, so care must be taken not to trip or slip.
Why wasn't I informed of this earlier?
 
Turns out it gets darker earlier and lighter later in winter, do i need to put on my car headlights when driving in the dark, it also can be wet, trees loose their leaves and it may get icy or snow, so care must be taken not to trip or slip.
No Way! They would have changed DEFCON level for something like that!
 
Woke up to find water leaking through basement ceiling. I can't locate the origin, so I've called for the plumber.
This $uck$.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back