What are they worth?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Koerlin, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Koerlin

Koerlin New Member

I have complete original technical drawing and assembly drawings for a B-17 and B-29. Two very thick volumes with every nut, bolt and wire that went into these aircraft. Does anybody have any idea of there value? I am thinking about maybe selling them.

2. FLYBOYJ

FLYBOYJ "THE GREAT GAZOO"
    Staff Member Moderator

Aircraft Maintenance Manager/ Flight Instructor
    I'd try to go with an auction if I were you, it's hard to say how valuable they are until you could acertain a demand.

Now you say they are two thick volumes - how thick are we talking? The reason why I ask is because I seen a complete set of Constellation and P-3/ Electra drawings and each aircraft would full a small room.

3. Micdrow

Micdrow “Archive”
    Staff Member Moderator

Manufacture Tech
    Joe is correct, its very hard to judge but some B-17 manuals go for around 900 to1300 dollars depending on condition. Ebay link to a manual thats for sale by some one.

1943 WW II Boeing B-17 Bomber Maintenance Manual - eBay (item 390105409020 end time Nov-11-09 16:17:48 PST)

4. RAF Liberators

IT Consultant
    Home Page:
    About 8 years ago I paid about 300 pounds for a full set of 8 manuals for a B-24 all in mint condition. It cost almost as much to ship them from the States lol