What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I've mentioned in the past, I have several irons in the fire, so I haven't updated the toolshed lately. I got the interior finished far enough for me to get the tools and equipment out of the shop so I could get to the stove (which is now in the house, finally) as well as more room to work in the shop itself.

So here's the shed interior so far:

20231107_193002.jpg

20231107_192929.jpg

As for what I doing right now: I just finished modifying a shelf in my shop.
It's over twelve feet long and two feet deep. A while back, I realized that I could utilize the "dead space" under the shelf to store things like extension cords and such, so I set about making it happen.

And here's the end result:

20231107_191401.jpg

20231107_191118.jpg

There's still more work to be done on the shop's interior, but this is one less thing on the list!

STORM'S A BREWIN'!!! (or so all the local news/weather staff has been telling me all day)...
...so...
...went shopping, made sure I was up on all supplies...
....topped off the generator, who got a nice little workout the other day when I lost power for about 8 hrs...
...refilled the gas can, in case I run the generator's tank empty (or the power outage goes past 8-10 hours), because I can't rely on the gas stations to have power if the storm ends up being bad enough (not uncommon around here)...
...charged up the cell phone...
...took a shower ( :rolleyes: )...
...stored the welcome mats away (any time the wind blows, those things ALWAYS end up any place except where they're supposed to be)...
...tested the camp stove, to make sure it was working...
...bags of ice for the 2 refrigerators and their respective freezers, not to mention the stand up freezer I've also got...
...make sure the water pressure is built up (when I go to bed)...
...and finally, pray to the Godz that it ends up just being a gentle breeze...🙏🤞

STORM'S A BREWIN'!!! (or so all the local news/weather staff has been telling me all day)...
...so...
...went shopping, made sure I was up on all supplies...
....topped off the generator, who got a nice little workout the other day when I lost power for about 8 hrs...
...refilled the gas can, in case I run the generator's tank empty (or the power outage goes past 8-10 hours), because I can't rely on the gas stations to have power if the storm ends up being bad enough (not uncommon around here)...
...charged up the cell phone...
...took a shower ( :rolleyes: )...
...stored the welcome mats away (any time the wind blows, those things ALWAYS end up any place except where they're supposed to be)...
...tested the camp stove, to make sure it was working...
...bags of ice for the 2 refrigerators and their respective freezers, not to mention the stand up freezer I've also got...
...make sure the water pressure is built up (when I go to bed)...
...and finally, pray to the Godz that it ends up just being a gentle breeze...🙏🤞
Is that Wisconsin or California?

Is that Wisconsin or California?
Kalifornia?!...You're fired! Take your things and GET OUT.
(just kidding :laughing6: I'm in Washington State)
Actually, this weather's pretty typical for this time of year. Last night wasn't a "gentle breeze", but the only thing that ended up happening was a temporary loss of cable.
No biggee.

Last edited:
Been up all night. My dog is delivering her litter of pups. Had one stillborn, but we have 5 boys, and three girls who are doing fine.

My Dame might have one more. We knew she was carrying 7 for sure, but the last two were a surprise.
congrats on two weeks of 7x24. We always supervised feeding with Irish Wolhound pups, every 2 hours. Moma always too big to take a chance on her stomping pups to leave them alone with her.

Living in England, I took a guess...
IT's ok.
I get a little sensitive about Kommiefornia, since 1/2 the state invaded this one over the course of about 4 years, back in the 90's.
Now they all act like, "I've lived here for 20 years, what are you talking about?", and I'm still like, "GET OUT!!!".
...it's a personal problem. You're still aces. :thumbright:

IT's ok.
I get a little sensitive about Kommiefornia, since 1/2 the state invaded this one over the course of about 4 years, back in the 90's.
Now they all act like, "I've lived here for 20 years, what are you talking about?", and I'm still like, "GET OUT!!!".
...it's a personal problem. You're still aces. :thumbright:
We native Californians weren't thrilled about people dropping into the state at the rate of nearly a million a year, back in the 80's and 90's, which in turn caused a building boom that paved over our orange groves, strawberry field and any open patch of dirt.

I used to have a bumper-sticker that read:
"Welcome To California! Now go home."

Just for the record, when I moved to California I had an embossed invitation. I threw that in the faces of 'Fornians when they told me to go home. Most of them had just dropped in.
The pizza sucked. The burritos, however, were like, totally awesome.

We native Californians weren't thrilled about people dropping into the state at the rate of nearly a million a year, back in the 80's and 90's, which in turn caused a building boom that paved over our orange groves, strawberry field and any open patch of dirt.

I used to have a bumper-sticker that read:
"Welcome To California! Now go home."
I used to say I was going to take a trip and drive around the perimeter of the state, planting a sign alongside any road that led from Kalifornia into Washington, that read, Thank you for visiting The State of Washington. Don't le the door smack you in the @$$ on the way home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back