What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just so every one knows I wasn't gloating about the Lions, they are still dead to me until they win a 2nd playoff game in my lifetime. And I was born in 1959! They have now made it to the playoff's, Now they have to win a game. We will see if I have to actually start paying attention to them again. I haven't paid much attention to them sense they moved back downtown.
Happy Holidays and good luck to what ever team you root for. As I don't have a favorite in the game.

From my local Michigan point of view, there are not many NFL fans with reason to Gloat! Only 1 Team in the NFL currently has one more win then our Lions. Traditionally one of the worst teams know to man! ;)
It's been a strange season, to say the least.
5-9 teams beating 10-4 teams.
That just doesn't happen....except for this year.
...and the Lions. This is probably one of the best seasons you guys have had since Barry Sanders was on the team.
I hope you take it all the way. The Lions are definately one team that deserves, at least a shot at, the Vince Lombardi trophy.
How wild would it be if it ended up being the Browns and the Lions in the Superbowl. :-k

I recall the days when Wayne Fontes was the head coach and how they were extremely futile on the road. It's a strong team this year that is just as good as anybody in the wide open NFC.
Yeah that's the pathetic part of being a Lions Fan, the Wayne Fontes era are the only glory days in my 64 years on the Planet. Other Highlights 1 Play off home win sense 1957, Zero Road Playoff wins in that time frame, The only team that was in existence when the Super Bowl era started to not have at least made it to the Superbowl.
I used to think (to myself) well at least we are not as bad as the Cardinals, but then they at least made it to the big game once. I used to be a Season ticket holder from 1989-2001 then when they moved to the new stadium downtown in 2002 they wanted $2500 a seat for the the privilege to buy the equivalent seats in the new stadium, so $10,000 USD's for my 4 seats. And that just secured the rights to buy my seats, that $10K did not include the actual tickets! They had to be purchased separately. With that experience transformed me from being a very loyal Lions fan, and a avid NFL fan into a indifferent NFL fan, and someone that was happier to watch the Lions lose. Needless to say I voted with my wallet and decided to keep my $$$ in the bank.
We will see this weekend in Dallas if they are the SOL (Same old Lions) or something better.

Going out to see if I can get the brakes working on my Wifes 1961 Jaguar Mark 2, Wish me luck!

I used to think (to myself) well at least we are not as bad as the Cardinals, but then they at least made it to the big game once.
One of my neighbors, when I was a little kid, ended up being a QB for the Cards, back when they moved to AZ..
Going out to see if I can get the brakes working on my Wifes 1961 Jaguar Mark 2, Wish me luck!
....and that's the last time anyone ever saw, or heard, from Jeff. ;)

Just so every one knows I wasn't gloating about the Lions, they are still dead to me until they win a 2nd playoff game in my lifetime. And I was born in 1959! They have now made it to the playoff's, Now they have to win a game. We will see if I have to actually start paying attention to them again. I haven't paid much attention to them sense they moved back downtown.
Happy Holidays and good luck to what ever team you root for. As I don't have a favorite in the game.
At least you are not a Houston fan. Don't get me started on the Oilers.

First day at work since last Friday. Feels like a Monday. Not much work to do. We are still in holiday mode until next week. I'm just waiting for my lab work from the Dr visit yesterday. I know the test will come back old and cranky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back