What carrier is this from?

Catch22

Major
9,551
83
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Website
www.coryulmer.com
f4u_mototug_top2.jpg


1/48 Vought F4U-1D Corsair w/"Moto-Tug"

What carrier is that Corsair from? It's the Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1D with mototug. I know the one with the diamond is from the Franklin, but I like the scheme on the picture I posted better, and I'm going to buy it within the next couple weeks. Just curious. Thanks!
 
Thunder, I don't know the size of the rockets but if I had to guess they'd be the 11.5 inch Tiny Tim rockets, and I'm not sure if the USAAF used those or not. That's the only thing I can think of.
 
Correct mate, HVAR's! The Tiny T's, I think, didn't show up until Korea.....might be wrong though. :oops:
 
the underwing rockets seem different than the 60lb ones used on typhoons,mozzies and p47,why.yours,starling.

those look like standerd 5 inch US air-ground rockets
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back