What Cheered You Up Today? (12 Viewers)

Good on ya Marcel. Some of the above are a big part of why I changed jobs recently.
 
Thanks for the bacon, but in this case there could not be any.
The irony was too delicious.
 
Intelligent people know friends are friends and ignore race, religion, colour and any other artificial barrier.

My fathers motto was all males are gentlemen, and all females are ladies, until they prove otherwise.
He must have learned that at Dad School.
Several years ago, I was working with a guy, retired military, like myself. One day we were talking about raising our kids and sharing the wisdom imparted by our own fathers. A few of the women in the office asked- "Did you guys go to Dad School?" It seems they had heard the same advice from their own fathers.
 
Best piece of wisdom my dad imparted to me: "I walk, talk, smoke, and joke." I took it to mean don't shit in anyone's mess-pot, and don't take shit from anyone, if you're cool they'll be cool too.
 
Just finished organising a second trip to Normandy for Karl and I, to continue our battlefields tour where we left off last year (see "The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent" thread).
Ferry booked and paid for, Portsmouth to Ouistreham, departing 21st June, returning 27th June, and booked the same hotel again at Benouville (Le Port) for six nights.
Just need to confirm a hotel for the night before sailing, then start planning our tour itinerary.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know.
 
1000001247.jpg

The house finches have returned.🙂
 
Just finished organising a second trip to Normandy for Karl and I, to continue our battlefields tour where we left off last year (see "The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent" thread).
Ferry booked and paid for, Portsmouth to Ouistreham, departing 21st June, returning 27th June, and booked the same hotel again at Benouville (Le Port) for six nights.
Just need to confirm a hotel for the night before sailing, then start planning our tour itinerary.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know.
I shall get my chauffeur uniform and hat dry cleaned and ironed ready ! :lol:
 
Is that Karl or 'Parker'? :-)
 
Just finished organising a second trip to Normandy for Karl and I, to continue our battlefields tour where we left off last year (see "The Travels of Tel's Tin Tent" thread).
Ferry booked and paid for, Portsmouth to Ouistreham, departing 21st June, returning 27th June, and booked the same hotel again at Benouville (Le Port) for six nights.
Just need to confirm a hotel for the night before sailing, then start planning our tour itinerary.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know.

I am looking forward to the great photos and history lessons. Infinitely less boring than the versions I sat through in school.
 
He must have learned that at Dad School.
Several years ago, I was working with a guy, retired military, like myself. One day we were talking about raising our kids and sharing the wisdom imparted by our own fathers. A few of the women in the office asked- "Did you guys go to Dad School?" It seems they had heard the same advice from their own fathers.

Probably got this one there as well. If the older generation were half as good as they say they were we would never have a younger generation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back