What Cheered You Up Today? (15 Viewers)

Finally got my Portfolio II graded and passed. Switched the dissertation to January. In July I take Intro to Research which ends August 18 which leads into Classroom methods which ends in December 2026. Then dissertation which should finally finish that program. This summer I am also starting my DL add-on which will be done at same time as the current program I am in. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Just departed Detroit a few minutes ago on our trip back to the Fatherland. Next stop Munich.

IMG_9036.jpeg
 
Gave myself a huge scare yesterday morning. Went to do a backup of my thumb drive will all the AT drawings and those for another project. Tore the desk apart looking for it. Checked all my jeans and sweatshirt pockets with no luck. Was resigned to having to redo over 100 hours of scanning time to replace those 7000+ files. Just happened to look deep in the back of the washer as I was putting a load in and there was the drive. :banghead: Got really lucky, as it had made at least 3 trips thru the wash and still worked. Did a complete copy to the desktop unit and breathed a bit of relief. Need to get me some tail tags to put on the drives so I don't do that again.
 
Gave myself a huge scare yesterday morning. Went to do a backup of my thumb drive will all the AT drawings and those for another project. Tore the desk apart looking for it. Checked all my jeans and sweatshirt pockets with no luck. Was resigned to having to redo over 100 hours of scanning time to replace those 7000+ files. Just happened to look deep in the back of the washer as I was putting a load in and there was the drive. :banghead: Got really lucky, as it had made at least 3 trips thru the wash and still worked. Did a complete copy to the desktop unit and breathed a bit of relief. Need to get me some tail tags to put on the drives so I don't do that again.

Been there, done that. We both need the tee shirt.

Worst similar was filling a large external drive to take to a friend and leaving it at home - 450km away. I ended up using a file transfer service that took hours to upload and send and then had to resend a couple. Faster than a courier and no way was I going to trust it to AusPost.

I also washed the apple juice out of a mobile and after that everything EXCEPT the phone worked.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back