Jadera
Airman 1st Class
I did in fact have a cracking time, what's Lindisfarne?My first homecoming was after Lindisfarne....
I hope that you had a cracking time!![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I did in fact have a cracking time, what's Lindisfarne?My first homecoming was after Lindisfarne....
I hope that you had a cracking time!![]()
Thank you, Greg. I have had experienced such "Copy Cats" too, but being "refrenced" and "source", it was first time. Specially about an accident that almost no one in Iran, have even heard about it. Most you can find is about Pilots who were killed in early days, first month or so, beyond that, not much info is available online.Congratulations. You are now a source.
It freaked me out the first time I found one of my posts lifted word for word and appearing on another site.
Lindisfarne was/is a monastery in England. It's well known for an attack by the vikings around the year 1000. Lucky is a Swede, hence the connection to Vikings. Although I believe these Vikings were Danes, not Swettish like Lucky.I did in fact have a cracking time, what's Lindisfarne?
Lindisfarne was/is a monastery in England. It's well known for an attack by the vikings around the year 1000. Lucky is a Swede, hence the connection to Vikings. Although I believe these Vikings were Danes, not Swettish like Lucky.
But the Danes ruled what is now southern Sweden, so...![]()
And now you are gearing up to kick as...ar....boo....behinds in Russia which means you are regressing.
Iranian Gendarmerie was founded by French, but it's main Field / Company grade officers were Swedish. Some of them have lost their lives while Serving under Qajar flag. Before 1979 Events, There were Several memorials to them, unfortunately, all of them, have been destroyed purposefully by new islamic regime.
All branches of late Qajar Armed Forces, Army, Gendarmerie and Cossacks, were mixed Nationalities, Mostly from Big Powers like Russian Tsardom, France or British Empire, but also from Georgia, Armenia, India, Egypt, Yugoslavia, Greece, Ottoman Empire, and other places.Huh! I didn't know that!![]()
All branches of late Qajar Armed Forces, Army, Gendarmerie and Cossacks, were mixed Nationalities, Mostly from Big Powers like Russian Tsardom, France or British Empire, but also from Georgia, Armenia, India, Egypt, Yugoslavia, Greece, Ottoman Empire, and other places.
It is estimated that between 30 to 40 % of those who served under Qajar flag, were Non-Iranians, ranking from Generals and Marshals to Privates and Corporals. At least 20% were KIA or WIA.
French was considered Lingua Franca. One of things that made someone "Literate" back in those days, was being able to speak French like a Native.Wow....that's interesting!
That's as serious mix of cultures, languages!![]()
French was considered Lingua Franca. One of things that made someone "Literate" back in those days, was being able to speak French like a Native.
It is said that French was also popular among Cossacs who were mostly Russian / Ukrainian.
I can vow for them. They had one mission and did it well. They founded and raised most prominant military leaders, tacticians, strategists for next generations to come. Many of Reza Shah's most trusted and High Ranking Generals, were trained by Swedes.Cool!
I do hope that my fellow Swedes did a good job....![]()
I can vow for them. They had one mission a d did it well. They founded and raised most prominant military leaders, tacticians, strategists for next generations to come. Many of Reza Shah's most trusted and High Ranking Generals, were trained by Swedes.
Having a look at both Europe and Asia during about a 1850's to late 1900's, early 1910's, Iran, like most other places, was at termoil.I can vow for them. They had one mission and did it well. They founded and raised most prominant military leaders, tacticians, strategists for next generations to come. Many of Reza Shah's most trusted and High Ranking Generals, were trained by Swedes.
They planned and executed a well functioning organization that outlived them, nearly 100 years.