What could combat the F22?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay how about the French Neuron. She's a beauty.

Attachments

• 1-neuron.jpg
    1-neuron.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2-neuron.jpg
    2-neuron.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 3-neuron.jpg
    3-neuron.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 8-neuron.jpg
    8-neuron.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 53
The Neuron (small men's B-2) is expected to have its first flight by 2011. It could be seen as a contra-productive product on behalf of France and others in regards to the EADS group, which is involved in this project as well.

Germany and partners favors a fighter concept with Multi-role-function, whilst France and its supporters prefer a differentiation between Ground Attack vehicles and fighter.

In the end a competition will decide which UCAV project is going to be continued or not or both since it will be a highly political inspired controversy.

Regards
Kruska

...and here is the Russian Skat UCAV. Much less further along in development however.

Attachments

• skat2hr1.jpg
    skat2hr1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 57
  • skatjr8.jpg
    skatjr8.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 52
I would design a medium sized drone, cruising along at 100,000 feet, carrying several smaller kamikazi UAVs. No radars are needed as all targeting data is from external sources, linked to the this drone.

Once an enemy aircraft is detected, the drone drops the UAV, which then dives onto its target and kills it by kinetics (and maybe a simple proximity fuse). This is similar to what the Phoenix missle system did, in that you dive onto your target from above, where its radar signature is high.

This could cover the battlefield 24/7.

As for current UAV's .... I bet the wizz kids in area 57 have some damn neat things in the hangers.

...like UAVs that are capable of months or even a year on station? Yep, good idea and being pursued. It is interesting what persistence and payload can accomplish in formulating change on the order of battle.

Like a carrier group stationed in Hawaii called to an Asian flash point. Lauch UCAVs for immediate reconnaisance, comm links and strike while the carrier groups are en route. Or having ISR UAVs capable of directing ECM activity from Prowlers/Growlers like a artillery spotter as the carrier group approaches the activity zone. The transformational ideas for the use of UASs is truly leading edge. And as I said before, it is less about the UAS technology and more about their integration into the modern battlefield.

Is the Neuron under the EADS effort too? I thought it was an indigenous French effort only.

It is a very confusing mix-up of industries. The nEUROn project was announced between EADS, Dassault Aviation and Thales in 2003. There are six countries and eight companies involved.
The major difference between the two projects, Neuron and Barracuda besides its mission spectrum is the guidance system. Whereas the Neuron is still a joystick operated platform, Barracuda is similar to the Global Hawk guidance system and even incorporates an autonomous terrain following radar.

Main difference between the future US developed UCAV's and those of Europe, is the strategic role on behalf of the US and the tactical emphasis's on Europe's developments.

Page 45 on the QDR report 2006.

Restructure the Joint Unmanned Combat Air System (J-UCAS) program and develop an
unmanned longer-range carrier-based aircraft capable of being air-refueled to provide greater
standoff capability, to expand payload and launch options, and to increase naval reach
and persistence.

One of the reasons for the US to cancel projects similar to the Europeans such as X-47 or X-45.

The main reason is however as i forwarded before:

Quote......,Supporters of both efforts note that the unmanned bomber assessment may have support at the Pentagon, but so far hasn't engendered much interest among Air Combat Command where future requirements for such a system would normally be generated. One FB-22 advocate noted that the Air Force doesn't have the money for a new program, and that a derivative of the F-22 would be much cheaper than starting a bomber project.

Regards
Kruska

Wow those UCAV's are awesome.
I'm not to clued up on modern aviation, so jokingly I will say the best competition for the F22 is a WW2 pilot, as those pilots only stealth and radar, were due to there brilliant eyes and skills. :) :)

i am a novice here,but tornado f.3 with its foxhound look down radar,with amraam and firestreak missiles would have a chance.starling.

Hello Starling,

You would be very wrong. In today's air combat scenarios – the deciding factors in regards to interception and elimination of an aircraft - happens at BVR (Beyond Visual Range), meaning the whole package is done decided by radar and electronics. It all comes down to the simple fact of "First look – first shoot".
Now based on the present technical knowhow status, nothing would come close into combating an F-22 if one acquits to the actual practical status of the F-22, which so far is only forwarded by the producer and pilots of the F-22.
In regards to dogfights which can't be out ruled now or in the future the practical flight demonstrations by the F-22 would leave a Tornado F3 without the slightest chance.

Regards
Kruska

Hello Starling,

You would be very wrong. In today's air combat scenarios – the deciding factors in regards to interception and elimination of an aircraft - happens at BVR (Beyond Visual Range), meaning the whole package is done decided by radar and electronics. It all comes down to the simple fact of "First look – first shoot".
Now based on the present technical knowhow status, nothing would come close into combating an F-22 if one acquits to the actual practical status of the F-22, which so far is only forwarded by the producer and pilots of the F-22.
In regards to dogfights which can't be out ruled now or in the future the practical flight demonstrations by the F-22 would leave a Tornado F3 without the slightest chance.

Regards
Kruska

I´m not an expert but am curious...What´s your opinion of the comparison F-22 with Mig-35?

I´m not an expert but am curious...What´s your opinion of the comparison F-22 with Mig-35?

Dobriden seesul,

Presently its "enhanced" technology is merely provided by 2-3 existing frontline aircrafts. So besides the Indians having thoroughly evaluated this aircraft – little to nothing is actually known to the outside.

The Zhuk-AE, the OLS or its RD-33MK engines are surly indication towards a highly performing aircraft but leave little actual evidence in regards to practical performance. Within the next 2 years an improved version with vector thrust nozzles is going to be presented.

The statement of an AESA Radar reaching to a 130 km does not indicate much in regards to its beam detection strength and the probability of its intercept, or the interface to its missile links and the performance of Russian AAM's as such. The RaSigma installation in Germany has tested the MiG 29 thoroughly and also found its weakness in regards to antenna positioning and restricted counter ECM features. The quality of the surface structure is the actual Achilles heel of this aircraft and any other Russian aircraft.

So to put it together IMO, the MiG 35 is for sure a very capable attack aircraft but its lock on capability or defensive survival chances against a Eurofighter or F-22 are doubtful.

Regards
Kruska

Dobriden seesul,

Presently its "enhanced" technology is merely provided by 2-3 existing frontline aircrafts. So besides the Indians having thoroughly evaluated this aircraft – little to nothing is actually known to the outside.

The Zhuk-AE, the OLS or its RD-33MK engines are surly indication towards a highly performing aircraft but leave little actual evidence in regards to practical performance. Within the next 2 years an improved version with vector thrust nozzles is going to be presented.

The statement of an AESA Radar reaching to a 130 km does not indicate much in regards to its beam detection strength and the probability of its intercept, or the interface to its missile links and the performance of Russian AAM's as such. The RaSigma installation in Germany has tested the MiG 29 thoroughly and also found its weakness in regards to antenna positioning and restricted counter ECM features. The quality of the surface structure is the actual Achilles heel of this aircraft and any other Russian aircraft.

So to put it together IMO, the MiG 35 is for sure a very capable attack aircraft but its lock on capability or defensive survival chances against a Eurofighter or F-22 are doubtful.

Regards
Kruska

Vielen Dank für den Vergleich!

ladies and gents,i would like to apologise to you all,if i have offended anyone on this thread,with my remarks,and indeed any other threads.it seems my harpoon notebook is quite clearly wrong.yours,lee.:oops: .

ladies and gents,i would like to apologise to you all,if i have offended anyone on this thread,with my remarks,and indeed any other threads.it seems my harpoon notebook is quite clearly wrong.yours,lee.:oops: .

No worries starling. It's the "internets" and there are infinite places to play. I think this pic says it all anyways. :lol:

Attachments

• loveyourjob4zq.gif
    loveyourjob4zq.gif
    260.8 KB · Views: 34

Users who are viewing this thread

Back