What If......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
or forgot to pull the plane out of the dive as they were plummeting to the ground because they took the hands off the controls :D

No, I said pity they didn't manual sights, and my comment was about the original production 3.7 inch AA cannons.

.....................TWICE! brad, when you use the code to type smileys, you have to have a space between the word and the code. example: :shock:cccccccccoooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllll
:shock: cccccccccoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll
(not an insult, just pointing something out)

If the Germans had made the same mistakes (ie not attacking the Home Chain stations and RAF fields) then I think the BoB would still have been won with the Hurricane, but the cost would be higher.

I agree, we would have.

'What if' we dropped bombs instead of leaflets in 1939 when Germany was still in Poland, do you think we could have ended it then? (Including an assault as well, not just dropping bombs)

No. I don't think so. In 1939, there wasn't an army in the world equipped or trained to be capable of handling the Germans. So I don't think the Germans could have been stopped by strength in 39. Now, had the Allies taken more resolve in their condemnation of the assault of Poland (or the annexation of Hitler's liebenstraum even earlier) the Germans might have backed down. I don't know that they would have but it's possibly the Allies could have bluffed their way outta war but they wouldn't have beaten the Germans in a straight-up fight.

hows about this 8) "what if" the manchesters engines werent so prone to exploding and were as reliable as any other engines, would avro still have built the lancaster :?:

I actually think we could have won it in 1939, the German army was all in Poland, a large flank attack with 4 times as many troops could have ended Germany, it had no effective defence.

I think they still would have built the Lancaster.

but the manchester was somewhere in between the 2, im not sure avro would have felt the need to build another bomber if their current one was doing just fine, it woud have just been the halifax and the sterling 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back