What Happened to "Butch" O'Hare?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fly boy

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2008
around midnight november 1943 a tbf and three f6f hellcats lauched form uss enterprise when they landed all but one made it after geting shot down the pilot named bucth o hare was never seen again.

so does anyone have a thought where he was after shot down

"bucth o here"????

Respect the man enough by at least ATTEMPTING to spell his name right.

Lt. Cdr. Edward "Butch" O'Hare deserves better.

Most of the time, misspellings are just annoying. I'm not great at grammar or spelling but I'm not going to disrespect a hero by butchering their name.

Put in some effort before you start typing with your elbows.

You are an idiot.

ok i fixed it dang

Attachments

• ohsnap.jpg
    ohsnap.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 288
It was a sportive pictorial response to Cosimo's perspicacious reply to your inquery of Lt. Commander Edward Henry "Butch" O'Hare's final action while he was leading the U.S. Navy's first-ever nighttime fighter attack launched from an aircraft carrier.

:)

yes i knew that but why didn't they find anything in the morning like parts of crashed plane or body parts

well the werid thing is is that he used a hellcat and for a bettys guns to get in the cokpit they would have to use like a drum of ammo just to get in

god i missspelled it happens i forgot how to spell his name when i made the thread

Misspelling and typos are one thing... blatant, skull crushing laziness is another.

"bucth o here" is not phonetically close to the target and your sentences are built in the voice of a third grader.

You're kidding yourself if you think it's an honest case of misspelling.
It's laziness.

Take it as constructive criticism.

well the werid thing is is that he used a hellcat and for a bettys guns to get in the cokpit they would have to use like a drum of ammo just to get in

Not if they hit the top/sides of the canopy, plexyglass doesn't add much protection, and there were a few examples of these tough a/c being taken down in such a way. (in fact it was the pilot, not the plane that was taken out) Granted this is an unlikely type of hit, but it did happen.

Kearby's aggressiveness would lead him to violate a cardinal rule of aerial fighting in the Pacific: Never engage in a low speed turning fight with the agile Japanese fighters. Kearby hauled around in a punishing turn, trying to work his way onto the tail of another Hayabusa. That was a mistake. Virtually nothing could turn with the Ki-43 at speeds below 200 mph. Quickly three of the Japanese fighters had slipped in behind the slow moving P-47. Seeing Kearby's immediate peril, two members of his flight bounded into the Oscars. Maj. Blair and Captain Dunham each shot an Oscar off of Kearby's tail. The third Oscar managed to get a burst into the cockpit of Kearby's Thunderbolt. The P-47 went straight into the jungle below. There was no parachute seen. Kearby's killer had little time to celebrate his victory. Dunham exploded his Hayabusa seconds later. Dunham would finish the war with 16 confirmed kills.

Most, if not all, of the people on this forum who use English as a second
language do better than you do, fly boy. Marcel is Dutch, V2 and Wurger
are Polish..... even the Aussies (who have a language all their own) do
better that you. I'm beginning to think like TO..... I think you're putting
us on...... If not, then I have to agree with Der Adler. Our present school
system is in deep do-doo. You might try "preview post" before you hit the
submit button.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back