What is Your favourite plane from world war 2? (1 Viewer)

Whats Your fave WW2 plane?

• Avro Lancaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B-17

• Piaggio P-108

• Corsair

• IL-2

• BF-109

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, my favorite aircraft from WWII is the P40 Warhawk. This plane soldiered on years after if was obsolete, and it beat the best the Japanese and Germans could throw at it. It was with us from '41 to '45, and while it wasnt the best machine built at the time, it answered the call, and it shot down many a plane during its career. Most of all, I like it cause its just a cool fighter. It couldnt match the FW190, BF109, the Japs nimble fighters, etc., but she still brought em down none the less. It had its drawbacks, but it did its job pretty good in my book.

God Bless

The P-40 was successful provided the pilot was aware of its limitations. In the Pacific it had no chance in a dogfight with anything the Japanese had (except maybe the Nick). Against the Germans, it's lack of a supercharged engine was a serious disadvantage since it was almost always starting below the 109s and 190s. That being said, it managed to "hold the line" very admirely, much like the Wildcat, until better planes arrived.

His praise for it was very well done as well, none of this it was better than them, when it quite clearly wasn't. I don't know what my favourite plane was they were, mostly, all good in some respect.

Flying Tiger, nice to see you on. As for the P-40, Lightening guy said it, the P-40 just needed to be understood by the man flying. Yes it had its falts they all did, but you do not give the credit to the cews as they started to understand how best to fight.

As for the favorate, well you all should know but the B-24 did not even make the list! ;)

would you fellas be interested in some pics of former P-40 ace that came from my little town. he was shot down and killed in the Pacific/China early in the war. A member of the well-know Flying tigers. Our very small airfield was named after him several years ago - 1998 - and it was a true blessing to have three of the former aces of the FT's appear for the dedication. the deceased pilots name was Johnny Hampshire and given credit for 18 victories...........

The fact that the P-108 was listed should have been a dead give away.

I didn't notice the P-108. Why C.C do you love the P-38 so much, but it's not on there?

and he's very easily influenced, he'll belive anything anyone but me tells him, and after lightning guy's love of the P-38, he's folowed................

It was a great plane. C.C how did you know about the P.108 but not about the P-38 when the P-38 is one of the most famous planes of World War 2 (And with good reason).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back