What kind of car do you drive?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That aint a pick up! You can put a plastic bag in the back thats how small it is. You want a real pick up you need a Dakota, Ram or Silverado.

They arent real pick-ups, theyre poorly made and dont really comply to any safety laws :lol:

Only one pick-up worth having if any IMO, Toyota Hilux.

06photo01.jpg

I'm a big fan of F Series... I can't stand non-American pickups. At least the japanese pickups have V-8s in them now... I agree w/ you Chris, what's the point of a pickup if it can't haul anything but a box of chocolates!

They arent real pick-ups, theyre poorly made and dont really comply to any safety laws :lol:

06photo01.jpg
100% correct the best vehicle ever made . My 1984 hilux had equivalent capabilities of of 1984 F150 with a payoad of 1600lbs and 5000lb towing . Broke the tailgate in the hilux when I loaded a 1 ton roller in the back . The only complaint about the box was you couldn't lay down a 4x8 sheet of plywood or such

06photo01.jpg

What are you talking about Silverados, Rams, Dakotas and F-150 Series Pick Up Trucks are the best made there are.

Your just jealous that the parking spaces in England are to small to park one of these big as trucks.

Dont worry though Lanc the parking spots here in Germany are pretty small too. I have a hard time sometimes parking my Jeep.

What are you talking about Silverados, Rams, Dakotas and F-150 Series Pick Up Trucks are the best made there are.

Your just jealous that the parking spaces in England are to small to park one of these big as trucks.

Haha, haha, ha, oh... :lol: They may be machanically sound but the build quality is low-rent and they have very similar interiors to my 1994 Citroen AX ;) A Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubish picjk up is much better...Why would you need a massive V8 in a pick-up? They just dont make sense and for practical tools you can do much better....

Yup. I actually do. :)

Well in that case ;) One has a separate hand clutch for the PTO and can be engaged idependantly of the transmission's gear through an independant ratio selection lever, the other's PTO is engaged through the gearbox clutch, now can you guess which is which?

Dont worry though Lanc the parking spots here in Germany are pretty small too

oh thank God, no more loosing sleep over the size of parking spaces in Germany ;)

and i can't stand big pick ups, in particular the American ones i mean christ what's the point in them? they're strong but only because it took an entire year's output from a steel factory to make them when Europeans actually design them to be structurally strong, not relying on using the girders from demolished sky-scrapers! and just what do you guys use yours to move? I say you'd notice absolutely no difference using something like a tried and tested Land Rover, the design hasn't been around since the 50s for no reason! roughly 85% of all land rovers ever made are still running so there're no reliability issues there, and that's without being made out of a steel foundry! i propose there's little to no roles you guys in your massive jeeps can do that a Land Rover can't.........

That aint a pick up! You can put a plastic bag in the back thats how small it is. You want a real pick up you need a Dakota, Ram or Silverado.

Adler that what you are talking about is one uge thing you move heavy stuff with, but we call it here a bakkie the one I drive. It is not that bad, it has a nice long back that when you have lady friend with it has enough space and if you are very drunk you can take a nice nap.:lol:

Haha, haha, ha, oh... :lol: They may be machanically sound but the build quality is low-rent and they have very similar interiors to my 1994 Citroen AX ;) A Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubish picjk up is much better...Why would you need a massive V8 in a pick-up? They just dont make sense and for practical tools you can do much better....

You need a V-8 or nice turbo-diesel so you can tow things... many many things...

and i can't stand big pick ups, in particular the American ones i mean christ what's the point in them? they're strong but only because it took an entire year's output from a steel factory to make them when Europeans actually design them to be structurally strong, not relying on using the girders from demolished sky-scrapers! and just what do you guys use yours to move? I say you'd notice absolutely no difference using something like a tried and tested Land Rover, the design hasn't been around since the 50s for no reason! roughly 85% of all land rovers ever made are still running so there're no reliability issues there, and that's without being made out of a steel foundry! i propose there's little to no roles you guys in your massive jeeps can do that a Land Rover can't.........

People in the states us them to haul things around on there land such as farms and stuff. They are very usefull if you have the need for one. I dont have the need for one, so I would not buy one. I am happy owning Jeeps.

Oh and Jeep does not make Pick Ups.

And I guarantee you that I could out perform your Land Rover with my V8 Grand Cherokee and haul more stuff with it two.

Oh and just one other thing. The full size Rams, Silverados, and F Series trucks could almost haul around a Landrover in the bed of the truck, thats what the use is, to haul big heavy ****.

Lanc, I picked up a 250lb dresser the other day w/ the pickup - no removing seats or playing any of those suv games. That's a perfect use for a full-size pickup, ain't it?

In Lancs defence over here I have only ever seen one with something in the back, nearly passed out in shock. Most are polished and never, ever get dirty.
I would also suggest that you don't underestimate the ability of the Landrover. There is nowhere on earth where these machines are not used and their simplicity is the key. Also more armed forces (including, I believe the USA) use them than any other 4X4.

I'm gonna have to side with Glider regarding the Range Rover. Not many places that beast won't go. But you pay for the capability. While you are still making payments, Adler will own 2 or 3 Grand Cherokees.

In Lancs defence over here I have only ever seen one with something in the back, nearly passed out in shock. Most are polished and never, ever get dirty.
I would also suggest that you don't underestimate the ability of the Landrover. There is nowhere on earth where these machines are not used and their simplicity is the key. Also more armed forces (including, I believe the USA) use them than any other 4X4.

I have never seen a rover in the USMC...

However, they do enjoy a hell of a reputation here as well regarding their capabilities... matt is right though, you pay a hefty fee for it.

Jeep Grand Cherokee is actually more capable than the Land Rover. I am not saying the Land Rover is a bad SUV though. I love Land Rovers but I would never take a Land Rover over a Jeep any day.

I will post the stats for you tomorrow with the links that shows the comparisons. They tested the Jeep Grand Cherokees and the Jeep Commander vs. 3 types of Land Rovers and while the Land Rovers had a few advantages of the Jeeps the Jeeps actually won the comparisons because the Jeep had more Trunk Space, More Engine Power, More Towing Power, climbed a higher grade of incline, crossed a deeper river and made it over the most rockey terrain. The Jeeps also sped up faster and handled slightly (only ever so slightly) better than the Land Rovers. The Jeeps were also a lot cheaper in price tag than the Land Rovers.

The 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee also took first place in almost all the major events.

Funny 'cos last time we had a flash flood here, we had about 9 cars pull into our road with stalled out engines. Three of 'em were Land Rovers! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back