What made me sad today... (2 Viewers)

Great news! He will be hurting for a while, but it could have been much worse
 
We're home. Good prognosis for a full recovery. He's loaded like a freight train, and once the shot wears off we'll be hoping the oxy can keep up with the job. But he's home and walking and now on the road to recovery. We're a lucky family, it could have been so much worse.

Thank everyone here for the kind words.
I'm so relieved for you and yours- it must have been horrible to be left waiting for news. I'm glad you have good news.
 
The abacus, the original digital computer.

They were regular sights in the Grand Bazaar in South Teheran when I lived there ... and there were old guys there with faster processor speeds than the best Intel chips. Those sonsabitches could fly across the beads.
 
I just had the phonecall that one of my friends passed away today, heart attack at the age of 53!

RIP Shug!

Heartbreaking news, indeed. May his soul rests in eternal peace.

Not so much sad as worried, my son was in an auto accident overnight. I'm getting cleaned up to go to St David's in Austin where, as of 0600, he was in trauma surgery.

I hope he gets well soon. My thoughs are with you, and all other people in need.

Realising my dad's not got a lot of time left. We're waiting for my sisters to arrive- I suspect he's hanging on for their sakes.
It is really sad news, man. I don't know what to say. Just know it that my thoughts are with you and your family.
 
The first two are arriving Tuesday, the third on Thursday. No change in my dad, thank goodness.

Fingers crossed they make it in time.

We went to help my mother-in-law last summer after my father-in-law went into home hospice care. We were told, initially, that he probably wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks. After 2 months he was still showing no signs of imminent decline and we could no longer stay; we had to go home to take care of my Mum and prepare for a house move. Just a week later, we got "the call" and so we jumped on the next flight. He died an hour before we landed. It really sucked for my wife but at least we'd had the 2 months where he'd been lucid and had known we'd been there for him and for my mother-in-law.

Bottom line…I feel your pain. Hang in there!
 
Last edited:
Fingers crossed they make it in time.

We went to help my mother-in-law last summer after my father-in-law went into home hospice care. We were told, initially, that he probably wouldn't last more than a couple of weeks. After 2 months he was still showing no signs of imminent decline and we could no longer stay; we had to go home to take care of my Mum and prepare for a house move. Just a week later, we got "the call" and so we jumped on the next flight. He died an hour before we landed. It really sucked for my wife but at least we'd had the 2 months where he'd been lucid and had known we'd been there for him and for my mother-in-law.

Bottom line…I feel your pain. Hang in there!
One hour? That's hard.

My dad had a massive heart attack in 2020, and is down to less than 18% heart function. He was bed-bound and on hospice a year ago, and revived, but this time is it. It's just a waiting game now.
 
This just happened in a small town I used to work in a few years ago..... UPDATED: Ten dead in Tumbler Ridge school shooting

What a world we live in !
 
Update: shooter was an 18yr old girl. Five students and teacher killed in school, mother and step-brother killed at home. Police had responded to the girl's home for mental health-related calls over the last several years. He said some of the calls dealt with weapons. She was not a student at the time and had dropped out four years ago. Way too many questions but I'm not going to update any more
 
Update: shooter was an 18yr old girl. Five students and teacher killed in school, mother and step-brother killed at home. Police had responded to the girl's home for mental health-related calls over the last several years. He said some of the calls dealt with weapons. She was not a student at the time and had dropped out four years ago. Way too many questions but I'm not going to update any more
🙏🙏❤️
 
Update: shooter was an 18yr old girl. Five students and teacher killed in school, mother and step-brother killed at home. Police had responded to the girl's home for mental health-related calls over the last several years. He said some of the calls dealt with weapons. She was not a student at the time and had dropped out four years ago. Way too many questions but I'm not going to update any more

It's a shame that these folks who for whatever reason feel suicidal feel their own need to take out others.
 
If they would stop handing out psychotropic drugs like Halloween candy and do some real treatment work with those that have mental issues, maybe there would be less of a problem. When the full set of facts shake out on these events, nearly every one of those people were on psychotropics. Mental health issues are real, but quick pharmacology "fixes" don't work for every patient.
 
This just happened in a small town I used to work in a few years ago..... UPDATED: Ten dead in Tumbler Ridge school shooting
Events like this, leave me speachless!!!

Actually events like this, but resulted from other intentions, like "revenge", are what i am concerned for Iran's future, with or without current regime. With things happened in past and recent, i sometimes really wish i was born and gone decades ago.

My heart and prayers are with family and friends of victims.

May their soul rest in eternal peace.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very sorry for your loss Pal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back