What makes an ace?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Their army was never a real concern 4 us... I witnessed many things in the first Gulf War, one of which was the surrendering of 35 Iraqis to a Kiowa Scout Helicopter, with NO armament...

In a nighttime interdiction, we witnessed 6 Iraqi soldiers get executed by their commander because they were attempting to convice their buddies to surrender... We ended up killing most of em in the ensuing firefight...

I know a lot of stories from my dad about the Gulf. And he was in the desert not back in Saudi.

R.A.F - attached to Chinook Middle East squadron (In the Gulf). Which was a mixture of RAF Chinook squadrons. He served out on a F.O.B which was somewhere in Iraq. For the Special Forces doing their duty further into Iraq.

Two tents and two Chinooks aren't the best company, but the SLR and LMG makes up for it. :lol:

i take it the food wasn't much cop then??
Not sure what thtat statement means, but MRE stands for Meals Ready to Eat... Brown and green plastic bagged package with a full meals daily nutrition stuffed inside...

A few were actually quite good... The beef stew, when heated up, was good, although u wouldnt dare try to put it in ur mouth cold...

Amazing how the texture, taste, and smell of a certain food can vary so damn much with just 40 degrees worth of heating...

The other thing bad about MRE's is that, if u eat them long enough, u'll never have to have a bowel movement (take a dump)... Walking around in the desert with that bloated feeling is the worst... :forcefeed:

That's what you Americans thought of yours, and that's what the British thought of theirs. But my dad swapped a lot of his Rat Packs with American ones.
You lot had tabasco sauce with some of yours, so I heard.

Did you ever swap with any Brits, while out in the Gulf? Some nice Rat beans and sausage...I've had that, my dad brought loads back. Lovely stuff. :D

Well actually the British forces didn't like their Rat Packs, as the Americans didn't like their own. So they swapped because they loved each others, and the British ones had curry in them.
The thing with the American ones was they had little bags that you opened then shook and a chemical reaction would heat the food. Not the British, they still had the old stove and metal spoons. :lol:

This is true... And not true... Some of the guys loved MRE's, and i would save and store the ones i liked for eating when onboard ship...

Some of the food they served onboard wasnt fit for human consumption, especially when bein at sea for 2 months straight with no port call...

Most of them also had chicklets in them, which is gum...

i can't stand gum.......................

The thing with the American ones was they had little bags that you opened then shook and a chemical reaction would heat the food. Not the British, they still had the old stove and metal spoons.

that's the brits for you....................

Did you get shipped out to the Gulf? My dad was always flown out to warzones, C-130 down to the Falklands with about 6 other lads and lots of cargo. Special flight, they wanted him down there quick. And a 747 to the Gulf, then a Chinook to his base in the middle of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back