What Music are you listening to .... continued

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I haven't counted in quite awhile, but I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 CDs, about 20 LPs and more tapes than I can count.

Bear in mind that I was in the music business for a number of years and received a lot of music CDs that are promo copies. These aren't unknowns either. I used to service all the printers at Geffen Records, and the IT manager there was a friend of mine that would often hand me freebies on my visits there. Doing session work in different studios always brought more promos and freebies as well. I also purchased CDs a lot in those days.

I have only ripped a small part of my collection to my hard drive as MP3s, for my own personal use. I was going to rip every CD that my wife and I own at one time, but that was going to take forever, so I just took stuff as the mood hit. For MP3s, I have about 5,000 songs now, over 30 Gig of them.

All the time. I used to play with some well-known guys for studio work. Plus at trade shows and outings. Some of the guitarists I have met are Steve Vai, Steve Lukather (toto), John Petrucci (dream theater), Albert Lee (everly brothers), Gary Hoey, Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Alan Holdsworth and a few others. They are really just cool guys that made alot more money at it than I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back