What on earth is going on?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
My program at the Academy is shut down, I'm not working until this is over, lucky I have plenty of leave, we might even be paid for the time off.

Yeah, I know the 'no polictics' rule Jan. I'm not being polictical just worried that if the USA goes belly up we do too....
I was hoping a US member could throw a bit of light on what is going on....

The U.S. Government is in fact "closed" at the moment. It's happened before, and what it basically means, is that federal employees and offices are closed at the moment, but the core, essential services are not (airport security, federal law service, postal service, military, etc).

There won't be any sort of "melt down", just that congress has to get it's head out of it's azz and pass a fiscal budget.

There...I made it through that breif description without any political jabs (oh how tempting it was!)...damn, I'm proud of myself! :evil4:

I'm impressed Dave.
Thanks for the over view.
The news elsewhere in the world is always a bit alarmist, hence my post.
Cheers
John

Dave, with respect for your opinion, The Other Side of the Coin: it is not the congress that suffers from a craniorectal impaction but an exective branch that is going to have things its way no matter what in spite of the wishes of most of the citizens of the country. My "afforadable" health care, which I am forced to have or pay a "tax" of $1500, has just jumped from $0.00 per year to $1000.00 per year.
My only regret is that one of the "non-essential services" services that got shut down should have been the entire executive branch
Had me say, me coat is on, and I gone.....

Vote every damn one of them out of office. Even if this budget passes, it is only a temporary budget and this same debate will occur again in another few months. It is a shame that our politicians have not been able to pass a long term budget in the last 6yrs. And in November, they are going to ask to raise the debt ceiling yet again. Anybody with a credit card understands how dysfunctional it is to up to your eyeballs in dept and ask for a larger credit to you can continue to run up your card even higher.

And for those overseas that worry about the US? Keep worrying.

I agree completely, Mike...all those bastards should be fired, made to repay the "wages" they earned and personal expendatures they accrued for the terms they spent yerking off instead of doing thier jobs...this includes all the clowns: legislative, executive, judicial.

This not being a politicial comment (i.e.: republican, democrat, liberatarian, etc) as much as it's a logical view (from a pissed-off American who has to foot the bill for these yokels). If a company or corporation behaved in the same fashion, they would not only be out of business, but they'd be drug into court for countless violations of law in regards to financial mishandling and accountability.

Thus endeth mine points of view :lol:

I'm a retired disabled veteran. As of when I went to bed last night I didn't expect to be paid today.
A great relief to me and many, many others that congress at least managed to do this.
It is not entirely not just being paid, it is that if we don't get our "Guaranteed" deposits the bills still come in, and each one that comes out of our accounts that is not paid is a service charge. This can mean owing banks or creditors more that what we get paid.
Despite the politicians and pencil necks saying they "feel our pain" they have insured they still get their money on time - screw the rest of us.
I heard something about a group of Vets simply removing the barracades to the WWII monument ant going in anywhay! Hats off to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back