What was your first model?

....also remembering playing for hours with Airfix' 1/32 and 1/72 (which I still have i think) plastic soldiers and Matchbox tanks etc...

Btw, didn't Monogram have a dragster schoolbus? Also, remember buying their 1/8 (?) '32 Ford Roadster for my dad as a Christmas pressie and their later '57 Chevy, only so that I could build them myself! :oops: :lol:
 
I dont know if any of you remember "Rommel's Rod"...but this was an early build for me. The subject just captured my young (comic book reading, Twilight Zone watching mind), "Fun-fun-fun"...

rommelsrod.jpg


Rommel3.JPG
Rommel6.JPG


Rommel10_1024.JPG



p.s. These pictures are NOT my build...I borrowed them from a web site, thanks to them!!!
 
8)

Seems like all the 'weird' kits, from the 60's and 70's have disappeared nowadays, or am I wrong?
 
Cool!
I want one of those old Monogram "Snoopy in his Camel" or "The Red Barron in his Triplane" kits from the early 70's.
They are rare these days.
Revell must have all those old molds that we all remember, why don't we start a campain to get them to release them again?
 
Last edited:
Cool!
I want one of those old Monogram "Snoopy in his Camel" or "The Red Barron in his Triplane" kits from the early 70's.
They are rare these days.
Revell must have all those old molds that we all remember, why don't we start a campain to get them to release them again?

I had a "Snoopy Woodstock" in a motorcycle w/sidecar ... that kit was fun, I think it was motorized.

Want to build the Li'l Coffin and Boot Hill Express again. Seen an original '64 Li'l Coffin, sealed(!) for $235.00 on ebay! :shock:

Wow...Holly Mackerel, I can't believe that they are getting that much for those old kits.
 
I know, almost choked on my coffee! :lol:
 
The first kit I OFFICALIY built was an Airfix P-39, when I was four though, my dad built me a Typhoon, which, at the time, I didn't want painted.
 
i really have no idea what my first model was, but more than likely it was an Airfix...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back