What you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The next time that Trumpeter f*ck up their instructions, I've got backup!

:lol:

IMG_20171108_211012.jpg

As I slept most of the day....bugger....I've done e wee bit more on the ZIL 131, question is though....what's the interior like, I've tried Google it....don't which one's the correct one, it only shows the inside doors with the same green as the exterior....

IMG_20171111_012656.jpg

IMG_20171111_012807.jpg

Jan, our mobile radar station was on ZIL-131s. We had four of them for the purpose. Generally the cab interior was of the same colour used for the outsude of the body. If the truck was renovated in the Russia the entire vehicle was re-painted. But if it was overhalued in Poland, it was re-painted outside only retaining the genuine one in the cockpit. The indicators had the black bodies and there was a couple of cables seen below the dashboard. The indicator panel was of black but also I saw them of quite dark grey. The steering wheel and all knobs were of black. The mats on the floor were of the black rubber as the wraps on the pedals. The accelerator pedal was of metal (silver) finish and the clutch one was of black ( depending on where or if the car was renovated or not ). All of the handles were of the white metal finish ( quite shining silver ) tone. The gear stick was silver with the black knob on the top. The difference were the seats. Our trucks had them of black while two other ones I saw , had them brown. Like in the pic below.. it seems it depended on the period of time and the factory the truck was assembled by.

zil_1.jpg

zil_1a.jpg

zil_1b.jpg

zil_1c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back