What you do, when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What a pain in the sphericals this one is....suspension isn't even, return rollers doesn't fit, wheels.....don't even go there....
I hope that Miniart will make new mold of this one, tempted to toss it in the bin and buy Tamiya's instead!

....one shall soldier on, see how far we'll get, before this one becomes a ccasualty of....combat!

This is the Miniart's SU-76M, was thinking of getting another one, as they've got one with 5th SS Wiking markings, needless to say....I've now changed my mind about that, Tamiya's it is next time!

I agree with Geo. Judging by these pics Jan, I would say the problems you found, had been cause by the lack of proper fitting before assembling. I'm afraid the order of assembling should be different too.

Last edited:
There's not much locating pins, some solutions looks a bit odd to me....
Tried my best with the suspension, if I had left it as it was, the wheels would have been even worse, the axles to the wheels where a definite mismatch, even broke one off trying to correct it....the same with the return rollers!

Put the SU-76M away, as it was not playing along nicely, so....before putting it in the bin, count to 10 and then back in the box....
It's funny, looking at the SU-76M and SU-122, it's hard to believe that both are Miniart, but then again, that kit has a few years under the belt if I remember correctly and now, Miniart uses a different supplier for their plastic....
Squared up a wee bit, among other things, since I'm not the slightest tired, might as well take advantage of that!

Now what?

....waiting for the washing to finish....

....safely tucked away the kits that I've finished, hoping for wonders (finishing more kits after the '88!)....

Users who are viewing this thread