[Closed Issue] What's New Not Showing Correct number

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
When I leave the forum I always click the "Mark Forums Read" button to come back to a clean slate. When I return, the are no personal alerts or What's new alerts showing. I click the header or Forums button once and the personal alert show up. I click again and now change. I click a third time and the What's new alerts show up. This started happening a week or so ago

1635285380951.png

Last edited:
I have checked on that. It looks like there may be something with the way of refreshing order. At least one click in three causes the refreshing of the entire forum site while the two other ones seem to refresh the page or a couple of its elements only.
Geo ... well, using of the Mark Forums Read button to come back with the clean slate just before logging out, causes your net browser getting remembered that last setting. When you come back it is used to resume the forum work from the point you left. Therefore you don't get any alert. But if you click the Forum option or the banner you will get the forum refreshed and that's the reason you can see the alerts. However if you click it again you don't get any new alert as there nothing has been changed since the last refreshing. But if you click one of the the options the third time you cause the full refresing and the alerts are displayed again. Just my opinion.
Anyway I can talk to Horse when he comes and I make a focus on that because it may be the an error of the addon responsible for alerts.

Edit .. PM sent.

OK. Copied that. But I'm on line for most of the day and log out when I need without using the Mark Forum Read option. I haven't noticed the problem so far because all works fine. Anyway the PM was sent and Horse will have to check whether that's the addon or it's a matter of net browsers.

When I leave the forum I always click the "Mark Forums Read" button to come back to a clean slate. When I return, the are no personal alerts or What's new alerts showing. I click the header or Forums button once and the personal alert show up. I click again and now change. I click a third time and the What's new alerts show up. This started happening a week or so ago

Sounds like a caching issue and I tried to duplicate -- what's new showed (1) then I click forums and it jumped to (4)
I have to see where that caching issue might be now. Give me a bit to look into it.

fubar57 fubar57 does this sound like your observation. Refresh of page shows proper alerts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back