What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheers guys, bit fiddly attaching the wings with very little glueing surface, so if do another i would attach the wings to the fuselage halves first then close up around the intake trunking !

also thought i had fitted the wrong lower nose with the cannon ports but i am ok, whew !

manged to find time to colour in my Hunter !

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

I suppose I should get one to add to the RAF line-up. Got a T.11 trainer, but that'll be silver and 'Day Glo', so a camouflaged fighter version wouldn't go amiss.
Strange that there's such a step though - hope it can be filed or sanded back. Don't suppose they're on the wrong way around do you ?
Just a thought, as I recall seeing something similar on either a Classic Airframes or Hobbycraft kit build, where the instructions got it wrong !

I suppose I should get one to add to the RAF line-up. Got a T.11 trainer, but that'll be silver and 'Day Glo', so a camouflaged fighter version wouldn't go amiss.
Strange that there's such a step though - hope it can be filed or sanded back. Don't suppose they're on the wrong way around do you ?
Just a thought, as I recall seeing something similar on either a Classic Airframes or Hobbycraft kit build, where the instructions got it wrong !

The tab and slot to fit them is not in the centre, rather about a third of the way from the lower edge so I don't think it would be possible to put them the wrong way round, shadow making it look worse as it is actually the same on the other side !
Easy to file down but I will lose some fine detail so might just fill the step to lessen the effect.

Nice Karl. I need a Mk. 3 to do an RCAF bird. From a brief search, I've read that Classic Airframes makes a Mk.5 with extra wingtips of a Mk.3. More research is needed before I commit a LOT of money there.

Geo

EDIT: Found two photos of Mk.5s that the RCAF 421sqn "borrowed". The Classic Airframe kit does contain decals for 2 RCAF birds but not the two in the photos. Also included is a sharkmouth decal but I've only found photos of those on the RCAF Mk.3s

Last edited:
Yep, looks like it might blend-in easily enough with some putty and a bit of sanding. I need to check the external differences between Marks first, before getting a kit, as I'd like to build one as the Mark 9 (?) flown by a friend when in the RAuxAF - did a painting of his aircraft for him years ago.

I've felt slightly empowered recently,so I bought and am working on a Pe-2 Peshka flown by Sgt. K. Vtorin in the 29th BAP in the far northern front. The plane didn't return after a mission on July 26, 1943. 1/72 scale.

Yep, looks like it might blend-in easily enough with some putty and a bit of sanding. I need to check the external differences between Marks first, before getting a kit, as I'd like to build one as the Mark 9 (?) flown by a friend when in the RAuxAF - did a painting of his aircraft for him years ago.
Only external difference between an Fb5 and Fb9 is the extended starboard wing root to cover the air con unit I believe, Trumpeter say this kit is an Fb9 but left the air con fairing out ?

Nice Karl. I need a Mk. 3 to do an RCAF bird. From a brief search, I've read that Classic Airframes makes a Mk.5 with extra wingtips of a Mk.3. More research is needed before I commit a LOT of money there.

Geo

EDIT: Found two photos of Mk.5s that the RCAF 421sqn "borrowed". The Classic Airframe kit does contain decals for 2 RCAF birds but not the two in the photos. Also included is a sharkmouth decal but I've only found photos of those on the RCAF Mk.3s
Had to Google the difference Geo and don't know anything about the c a kit though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back