What's your air to air kill ratio?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Miggers

Airman
Oct 19, 2009
Mine at present is 1.843 kills per combat.

32 combats,59 air to air kills

Mark

Present campaign career on IL-2,rather than "overall career" on various combat sims.

I should really factor in how many times I've been shot down(6)during this campaign,but at present
I've "flown" 32 combat ops and shot down 59 e/a's.
I exclusively use the 109 and nothing else.

I came into IL-2 with a fair bit of combat experience,I've had the original Combat Flight Sim series for years
plus Novalogic's MiG 29 combat sim(jet combat is waaaayyy different to piston)and studied the tactics used by all
the great WWII fighter pilots(I tend to use a mixture of Gunther Rall,Bob Tuck and Erich Hartmann's tactics) .

I dont really play campaigns anymore, but a quick check reveals the following:

Burning Steak
5 missions 16 kills 0 loss

VMF-214
4 missions 5 kills 1 loss

Bf 109F Kuban
3 missions 21 kills 0 loss

IL2 Type 3 Leningrad
2 missions 38 Ground Kills 1 loss

The air to air combats total up to 12 missions and 42 kills, which is an average of 3.5 kills per mission or a 42 : 1 kill ratio....

The real question is......
How many missions do you survive?

I've created my own logbooks for planes/campaigns and I exclusively use DCG in my "logbook" campaigns.
Currently I've done 23.6 hours on P38 over Solomon's. I only have 10 kills (6x sally, 3x Betty, 1x Zeke) I have not been shot down yet!

On the other hand, I have done over 100 hours in DH98(recce missions) over Italy. Only shot down 14 planes, and bailed out quite a few times :( but still alive 

I have to check on the player made campaign though, as I play these much more ruthlessly/carelessly.

For me it is all about how long I can survive, which probably make me less competent dogfighter

edd

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back