Where do you keep your models?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hi guys.

I am starting to have an issue... after the Ju-87 gets finished, I am gonna have an issue as to where my models go. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas as to something Under 75 dollars.. hehe low budget.

Thanks!

IKEA book shelf? :lol:

I second that idea. Ikea has a bunch of wood/glass bookshelf units that are perfect for completed kits.

But since you asked, this is what I am using (it's one of a pair):

Attachments

• IMG_0317v2.JPG
    IMG_0317v2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 165
That's classy Dwight!

With glass doors and no dusting. NICE!

Thanks guys. :) My wife said that I needed someplace nice to put the finished work, so she scoured the net for those. The manufacturer was having a clearance on that particular cabinet, so we sprung for two of them. The other one is totally filled with DVD's at the moment but eventually the DVDs will be moved.

Dwight, do you happen to have the company? I know it'll probably be outta my budget but, it may point me in the right direction :D

Dwight, do you happen to have the company? I know it'll probably be outta my budget but, it may point me in the right direction :D

I do, but those shelves are discontinued and everything that company sells that's similiar is WAY more expensive than the 75$ you mentioned.

I'll send you the info in a pm though. :)

Still struggling to find something :lol:

I thought I saw something on Ikea that was perfect. But it was around 250$

What do you want?
A simple set of open shelves, either wood or glass?
Glass shelves in a closed glass cabinet?
Glass shelves in a wooden cabinet with wooden framed glass doors?

It might help to know what you are aiming for. :)

Here's what I found at Ikea:

Closed shelves with glass doors:

IKEA | Storage furniture | Bookcases | BERGSBO | Bookcase with glass doors

vertical cabinet:

IKEA | Cabinets sideboards | Display cabinets | ASPVIK | Glass-door cabinet

predominantly all glass cabinet:

IKEA | Cabinets sideboards | Display cabinets | BIBY | Glass-door cabinet

IKEA | Cabinets sideboards | Display cabinets | DETOLF | Glass-door cabinet

You definitely need to check out the dimensions though. Some of those might be problematic for certain size kits. :)

If you just want a set of shelves to stick on the wall, there's this:

IKEA | Wall shelves | Wall shelves | ASPVIK | Wall shelf

This one this one!! :lol:

Dam link isn't working but its the second from bottom you showed :D

This one this one!! :lol:

Dam link isn't working but its the second from bottom you showed :D

Harrison,

Pay close attention to the size of the shelves in each unit. Just for comparison, those cases that I have are 37+ inches across and 18+ inches deep on the inside. On the second shelf, I have four Spanish Civil War/Italian twin/tri-engined bombers packed along the back row - the wingspan on each is equal to a 1/72 scale SM 79 (which is actually one of the planes there) and I had to slightly rotate each bomber and overlap/interlace the wings to get all four in. In front of those there is just enough room for four smaller single engine Italian fighters with room for possibly two more.

Since most of your kits are 1/48, you should factor in the larger size of those kits - you'll only get about 2/3 as many kits into the same space.

Make sure you get something big enough for your purposes. :)

Beautiful timber that is Dwight , Nice score!

Thanks again. :)

Even if my wife reclaims them for other purposes, they do look cool. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back