Where is everyone from USA states (part 1) (1 Viewer)

What state do you live in (part 1)

• Alabama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alaska

• Arizona

• Arkansas

• California

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Connecticut

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Colorado

• Delaware

• Florida

• Georgia

• Hawaii

• Idaho

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Kansas

• Kentucky

• Maine

• Maryland

• Massachusetts

• Michigan

• MInnesota

• Mississippi

• MIssouri

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Montana

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Originally from Stuttgart, Germany, but I live near St. Louis, Missouri.
Well then page 1 of poll has Missouri as a choice. Give it a click I did not forget it. Lived in Joplin for an time on the other side of the state in the corner :) Will be flying into SL next month if CV19 does not foul up flying again.

Well then page 1 of poll has Missouri as a choice. Give it a click I did not forget it. Lived in Joplin for an time on the other side of the state in the corner :) Will be flying into SL next month if CV19 does not foul up flying again.

What are heading to my neck of the woods for?

What are heading to my neck of the woods for?
Starting a road trip following the Lewis and Clark trail if CV19 does not get the airline tickets canceled like in 2020, ( the departure time has been moved twice already as has the equipment) or the rental car agency says oh sorry we don't have your cargo van after all, or the national parks and BLM say we are closing, enjoy boondocking in each states Wallmart, they will take your America The Beautiful Pass :) .

Start in St Louis - MO follow the L&C trail pretty close with a few jogs off the beaten path. Hoping to make Hugh Glass days in Lemmon SD if things are not too crazy or it gets cancelled, Loop through MO KS, NE, SD, ND MT etc as far west as Idaho then back down via Montana Wyoming, then hovering a bit for all the Indian battle sites in the Powder river region. Still deciding to head south into Colorado or back towards the east ? I was going to visit Joplin and the old production plant just across the border in Kansas but the entire area seems to be getting hit hard. The tornado that flattened the city missed my old house there by 2 subdivision streets.

I have my vax but I'm a bit concerned as to what I could bring home if the thing mutates again. I'll have my toddler grandson back full time again then.

A longer trip this time, a mix of hotel air B&B, camping , canoeing in the MIssouri Breaks if I can find a livery operating,...... Will still hit museums if they stay open . I wanted to see the WW1 Museum in Kansas City and Amelia Erharts home just north, but with the region lighting up like it is who knows . I always hit the museums first thing in the morning anyway. Fewer people , the air has settled over night and they have cleaned. I have a method to road tripping during CV19 that worked pretty well last year on the trip up the coast to Maine. Will apply the same process this year. Around St Louis I wanted to visit the Indian Mounds just across the river and a few museums in the city and of course the Arch at the back end of the loop. If the airlines get bagged again I'll just drive the van home and turn it in there. Some nice parks along the way and the USAF museum in Dayton is always something to hit every few years .

People say UBER can't enter the airport is that true? I need to get one to pick up the van. Guess I'll have to use a taxi. . The train looked like a good option to get from the hotel to downtown.

What part of Germay are your from ? My mom came from Bavaria closer to the Czech border. She hated Mustangs and their pilots with a passion. She was 12 when the war ended.

Starting a road trip following the Lewis and Clark trail if CV19 does not get the airline tickets canceled like in 2020, ( the departure time has been moved twice already as has the equipment) or the rental car agency says oh sorry we don't have your cargo van after all, or the national parks and BLM say we are closing, enjoy boondocking in each states Wallmart, they will take your America The Beautiful Pass :) .

Start in St Louis - MO follow the L&C trail pretty close with a few jogs off the beaten path. Hoping to make Hugh Glass days in Lemmon SD if things are not too crazy or it gets cancelled, Loop through MO KS, NE, SD, ND MT etc as far west as Idaho then back down via Montana Wyoming, then hovering a bit for all the Indian battle sites in the Powder river region. Still deciding to head south into Colorado or back towards the east ? I was going to visit Joplin and the old production plant just across the border in Kansas but the entire area seems to be getting hit hard. The tornado that flattened the city missed my old house there by 2 subdivision streets.

I have my vax but I'm a bit concerned as to what I could bring home if the thing mutates again. I'll have my toddler grandson back full time again then.

A longer trip this time, a mix of hotel air B&B, camping , canoeing in the MIssouri Breaks if I can find a livery operating,...... Will still hit museums if they stay open . I wanted to see the WW1 Museum in Kansas City and Amelia Erharts home just north, but with the region lighting up like it is who knows . I always hit the museums first thing in the morning anyway. Fewer people , the air has settled over night and they have cleaned. I have a method to road tripping during CV19 that worked pretty well last year on the trip up the coast to Maine. Will apply the same process this year. Around St Louis I wanted to visit the Indian Mounds just across the river and a few museums in the city and of course the Arch at the back end of the loop. If the airlines get bagged again I'll just drive the van home and turn it in there. Some nice parks along the way and the USAF museum in Dayton is always something to hit every few years .

People say UBER can't enter the airport is that true? I need to get one to pick up the van. Guess I'll have to use a taxi. . The train looked like a good option to get from the hotel to downtown.

What part of Germay are your from ? My mom came from Bavaria closer to the Czech border. She hated Mustangs and their pilots with a passion. She was 12 when the war ended.
I did a road-trip similar to yours back in 2015.

I am currently finishing an epic road trip now. Started in St. Louis on May 31st, and went through KS, CO, UT, NV, and CA. Then we flew to Hawaii. Then after Hawaii we flew back to CA, and drove through NV, ID, WY, and NE. We are currently in Lincoln, NE. We arrive back in StL tomorrow. We hit up a bunch of national parks on the way.

As for your other question, I was born and raised in Stuttgart, Germany. My father is American and my mother German.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip ...... Normally the road trips are limited to two weeks and in the spring coming home before memorial day or going out a few weeks after labor day. Gets around kids being out of schools crowds and the hotest weather. Been watching the heat domes forming over the west and plains. Can't take it as well as I did when I was younger but this may be the last chance to take a trip like this so off I go . :)

One would think that Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, the USVI, Guam, etc should also be added to the US list.

I did a road-trip similar to yours back in 2015.

I am currently finishing an epic road trip now. Started in St. Louis on May 31st, and went through KS, CO, UT, NV, and CA. Then we flew to Hawaii. Then after Hawaii we flew back to CA, and drove through NV, ID, WY, and NB. We are currently in Lincoln, NB. We arrive back in StL tomorrow. We hit up a bunch of national parks on the way.

As for your other question, I was born and raised in Stuttgart, Germany. My father is American and my mother German.
Stuttgart that explains your Hartmann 109.

One would think that Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, the USVI, Guam, etc should also be added to the US list.
The poll only allows 25 choices..... we just happen to have 50 states but point well taken. Both pages were an attempt to get the US states covered first. Are you from one of the aforementioned territories?

The poll only allows 25 choices..... we just happen to have 50 states but point well taken. Both pages were an attempt to get the US states covered first. Are you from one of the aforementioned territories?
No. I'm from one of the original 13 states.

I'm in St Joseph, MO. You have to check out the museums here. Pony Express, Patee House, Robidoux Row, St Joseph, and Glore Psychiatric. I know a Great little Conservation Area campsight that sits next to a nice pond and a small river, we love it for boondocking, up to 14 days. Also while in Atchison, make a reservation to check out Muriel the Lockheed 10E.

I'm in St Joseph, MO. You have to check out the museums here. Pony Express, Patee House, Robidoux Row, St Joseph, and Glore Psychiatric. I know a Great little Conservation Area campsight that sits next to a nice pond and a small river, we love it for boondocking, up to 14 days. Also while in Atchison, make a reservation to check out Muriel the Lockheed 10E.
I was going to stop by Emilia Earharts home in Atchison if it was open on a saturday. Thanks for the aircraft link. I had seen the pony express museum as well. Keeping my fingers crossed things stay calm enough that some things stay open. Where is the conservation area? It may be a stop on the loop back.

I was going to stop by Emilia Earharts home in Atchison if it was open on a saturday. Thanks for the aircraft link. I had seen the pony express museum as well. Keeping my fingers crossed things stay calm enough that some things stay open. Where is the conservation area? It may be a stop on the loop back.
Earhart museum worth a stop. If you only have time for one museum in St Joe Patee House is better than Pony Express. I do recommend both. Patee House has the Post Office where the Express started. Conservation Area is about 10 Miles N of St Joe, Called Happy Hollow. Our favorite spot is a bit hard to find but I could direct you in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back