Jul 25, 2007 #1 J journeyman Recruit 2 0 Joined Jul 24, 2007 Hey everyone. I found this cutaway of the b-17 and I was wondering if anyone knew where it is from and if it is in the public domain or not. Thanks! Attachments b-17cutaway.jpg 594.8 KB · Views: 1,196
Hey everyone. I found this cutaway of the b-17 and I was wondering if anyone knew where it is from and if it is in the public domain or not. Thanks!
Jul 25, 2007 #2 FLYBOYJ "THE GREAT GAZOO" 28,075 8,777 Joined Apr 9, 2005 Location Colorado, USA Flight Journal?!? It's shown on the lower corner of the drawing...
Jul 25, 2007 #3 C Cyrano Airman 1st Class 269 0 Joined Jan 5, 2007 Location Vantaa, Finland Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
Jul 25, 2007 #5 comiso90 Senior Master Sergeant 3,583 29 Joined Dec 19, 2006 Location FL I didn't realize they had "de-icers". Inflatable boots or heating coils? it makes sense, it just never occurred to me. How common were de-icers in ww2? when did they become common place? Did all the nations employ them?
I didn't realize they had "de-icers". Inflatable boots or heating coils? it makes sense, it just never occurred to me. How common were de-icers in ww2? when did they become common place? Did all the nations employ them?
Jul 26, 2007 #6 Graeme 1st Sergeant 4,615 2,828 Joined May 31, 2007 The 'image' is lifted from page 101 of Bill Gunston's book, "Classic World War II Aircraft Cutaways" (cutaways produced during the war).
The 'image' is lifted from page 101 of Bill Gunston's book, "Classic World War II Aircraft Cutaways" (cutaways produced during the war).
Jul 27, 2007 #7 Maharg Airman 1st Class 206 0 Joined Apr 5, 2007 Location Sydney LOL Thanks journeyman very nice schematic M8. It's a 'G' isn't it?
Jul 27, 2007 #8 Graeme 1st Sergeant 4,615 2,828 Joined May 31, 2007 Maharg said: LOL Thanks journeyman very nice schematic M8. It's a 'G' isn't it? Click to expand... Yes, it's a 'G'. This is the previous page, which gives you a little history on the cutaway creation, and the B-17 in general.
Maharg said: LOL Thanks journeyman very nice schematic M8. It's a 'G' isn't it? Click to expand... Yes, it's a 'G'. This is the previous page, which gives you a little history on the cutaway creation, and the B-17 in general.
Sep 13, 2009 #9 S sablatnic Recruit 5 0 Joined Sep 13, 2009 Before it entered the book it appeared in the british magazine Flight, 4 May 1944. Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
Sep 13, 2009 #10 vikingBerserker Lieutenant General 28,790 4,633 Joined Apr 10, 2009 Location South Carolina comiso90 said: I didn't realize they had "de-icers". Inflatable boots or heating coils? it makes sense, it just never occurred to me. How common were de-icers in ww2? when did they become common place? Did all the nations employ them? Click to expand... I believe there were inflatable and used a lot omre then even I realized.
comiso90 said: I didn't realize they had "de-icers". Inflatable boots or heating coils? it makes sense, it just never occurred to me. How common were de-icers in ww2? when did they become common place? Did all the nations employ them? Click to expand... I believe there were inflatable and used a lot omre then even I realized.