Which Fw-190 ace shot down most P-51 and Spitfire?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Plus there was the whole competiton thing by different units. Rivalry makes for competetive nature and if used properly better and more cohesive units.

Its true believe it or not. Competition can be good or bad. If used properly it can bring good results if used bad it can make for a lot of mistakes. I see it still a lot today between the different flights in our unit.

There is no doubt that JOSEF "PIPS" PRILLER was the slaughter of the Spitfires (68) and WILHELM STEINMAN punished hard the P-51s (11).

In the air battles over North Africa one luftwaffe ace scored over 150 victories before he died bailing out of his Me-109 after it developed engine problems/fire. I am not totally sure of the spelling but Jochaim Mariselle would be pretty close. So since all of his victories would have been over pilots of the RAF or allies he must be the most successful fighter pilot against "Western" allies in WWII.

In the air battles over North Africa one luftwaffe ace scored over 150 victories before he died bailing out of his Me-109 after it developed engine problems/fire. I am not totally sure of the spelling but Jochaim Mariselle would be pretty close. So since all of his victories would have been over pilots of the RAF or allies he must be the most successful fighter pilot against "Western" allies in WWII.
Count em up....

Hans-Joachim Marseille - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW Marseille flew a 109. This about Fw 190 drivers.

One thing though, he did not fly the Fw 190.

Here's an interesting act I just learned that I did not know. Americans counting their P51 scores are a bit skewed because they counted parked planes they took out in a strafing run as a "Kill". Germans would never think of doing such a thing.

Here's an interesting act I just learned that I did not know. Americans counting their P51 scores are a bit skewed because they counted parked planes they took out in a strafing run as a "Kill". Germans would never think of doing such a thing.
FYI - this thread is 9 years old but that's ok. The Americans only scored parked aircraft as kills in Europe and were later broken out separately, this was well known for years. In the PTO this was not done. Yea, the Germans would never do such a thing but like the allies there were many discrepancies in their claims as well.

wonder how many of those spitfires were hurricanes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back