Which side would you fly for?.......

Which side would you fly for?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
Which side wld you rather fly for, going on the planes used? 8)

i would fly for the allies, they have the hurricane, spit, tempest, gladiator and the P-38 8) flying for the axis would have been interesting though...

The British easily had the best aircraft of any nation- including the states (and no-one will convince me otherwise :firestarter:)

They had the:

Spitfire
Hurricane
Mosquito
Gladiator
Firefly
Barracuda
Wellington
Lancaster
Halifax
Corsair (joke 8) )
Swordfish

No nation had an airforce like ours (at this point i need a smiley waving a British flag but there are none :cry: )

although i'm sure i missed loads thats just a few that spring to mind

bronzewhaler82 said:
The British easily had the best aircraft of any nation- including the states (and no-one will convince me otherwise :firestarter:)

They had the:

Spitfire
Hurricane
Mosquito
Gladiator
Firefly
Barracuda
Wellington
Lancaster
Halifax
Corsair (joke 8) )
Swordfish

No nation had an airforce like ours (at this point i need a smiley waving a British flag but there are none :cry: )

although i'm sure i missed loads thats just a few that spring to mind

It should be noted that the German fighter pilots were polled after the war as to which air force had been their toughest opponents in the air. The RAF was the overwhelming choice for first, with the USA second.

corpcasselbury said:
It should be noted that the German fighter pilots were polled after the war as to which air force had been their toughest opponents in the air. The RAF was the overwhelming choice for first, with the USA second.

thankyou! you see? even an American is sporting enough to agree with me! that our airforce was better! (what a guy! :salute: )

Currently I'd like to fly for the RAF. Cool planes (except that damnable Lancaster) It would be an exotic experience for me. Defending the homeland by fighting off wave after wave of German planes in the Battle of Britain, advancing boldly into France over the brave British troops in D-Day, advancing menacingly into Southern Germany, cursing High Command for ordering us to stop just short of Berlin, ignoring orders and attacking a fuel depot with my spitfire in central Berlin, only to have my engine shot through and catch fire, crash-landing in front of Hitler's secret bunker, but smelling roast chicken nearby and forgetting der Fuhrer entirely, I fight through hordes of SS soldiers to reach a messhouse, where i confiscate all the chicken from a terrified cook, and make my way to a nearby airbase, where I hotwire and hijack a Ta-152 and fly back to my airfield. I'm celebrated as a hero in Britain for stealing the Fuhrer's own chicken, one of the most highly sought-after prizes of the war. Now knighted Sir Crazy, I travel the world with my companion, an illustrious writer by the name of 'Asparagus' Robert Whitney the XXXVII.

Ahhh, to be an RAF pilot

I would fly for the Allies which of US Marines Corp and flying a F4U-1D or early model F4U-4 :D

Crazy said:
Currently I'd like to fly for the RAF. Cool planes (except that damnable Lancaster) It would be an exotic experience for me. Defending the homeland by fighting off wave after wave of German planes in the Battle of Britain, advancing boldly into France over the brave British troops in D-Day, advancing menacingly into Southern Germany, cursing High Command for ordering us to stop just short of Berlin, ignoring orders and attacking a fuel depot with my spitfire in central Berlin, only to have my engine shot through and catch fire, crash-landing in front of Hitler's secret bunker, but smelling roast chicken nearby and forgetting der Fuhrer entirely, I fight through hordes of SS soldiers to reach a messhouse, where i confiscate all the chicken from a terrified cook, and make my way to a nearby airbase, where I hotwire and hijack a Ta-152 and fly back to my airfield. I'm celebrated as a hero in Britain for stealing the Fuhrer's own chicken, one of the most highly sought-after prizes of the war. Now knighted Sir Crazy, I travel the world with my companion, an illustrious writer by the name of 'Asparagus' Robert Whitney the XXXVII.

Ahhh, to be an RAF pilot

Er...ok :crazy:

I think we guys should go on some sort of crusade to find some German and Japanese people for this site - everyone seems to be from England, NZ, Australia or the US - there don't seem to be many (or any) from any of the Axis nations...seems a bit unfair really - we need some real Axis nations plus i for one would be really interesed to see what they have to say about the whole thing....

what the hell are these emiticons doing?

:3some:

Is it what i think.....? :oops:

WEll all why not vote for the axiss?

Early in the war they did have it all! Fighters, bombers the best pilots! As for the RAF yes they were great fliers, but only because they had American steel, pilots, and production to back them up. And Hitler got it into his head to bomb London flat rather then finish of the RAF Properly before the great Invasion.

As for the Moderator's thought to get some Axis members to speak up, I am all for it! We are seeming to forget that, and well we are a little jaded at times.

bronzewhaler82 said:
Crazy said:

Ahhh, to be an RAF pilot

Er...ok :crazy:

:D :D :D :lol:

American pilots? I'm sorry I forgot that the 7 Americans in the Battle of Britain saved Britain from certain destruction by the Luftwaffe. Maybe I got it all wrong, the R.A.F were poor only due to America were they made to look good... :bad-words:

bit over the top crzy :lol: funny though, would make a good film 8)

Yeah , Mosquito Nightfighter/Intruder for me , but there were many facets of the Airwar that fascinate me , on both the Allied Axis sides...but also both the major Allies had aircraft and duties that I like. - It's hard to say they were a ' Lucky ' generation , but what a 'Battle-Royal' it was , at an age of Technology that accelerated from a desperation almost , to keep constantly coming-up with new stuff to out-perform the enemy. - I think a chap like Capt. Eric [Winkle] Brown had an awesome War , from start till after it was over ; first fighting with the Fleet Air Arm , then Test Pilot flying captured enemy aircraft from Jan. 1944 onwards...he got to try-out the bloody lot ! - IMHO the idea of other Axis-country participants would be really good for the Site. I find it hard to support anything but Allied, but some German aircraft were bloody good; - Fw190, Ju88, Ar234, come to mind as ones I favour. :) AND I can dig where Crazy's comin' from... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back