Which side would you fly for?.......

Which side would you fly for?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GermansRGeniuses said:
brad said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
1. GREAT SIGGY plan_D!!!
2. i would fly for das reich und fuhrer but if i had to go with allied, id go with the plane you are all forgetting!!!! THE BEAUFIGHTER!!! id attack shipping like a maniac!! and sink those kraut ships with no remorse! (see how neutral i can be? although i am rather partial to defending Europa since i am, after all, part Aryan (yes bitches, i am!) but beaus are tempting!!
yes you would fly for the germans but you said you would fly the beaufighter but you put up a picture of a messerschmitt where is the sense in that :?: :?: :?: :!: :!:
i prefer the Luftwaffe is all. and i said the Beau is TEMPTING, not my definite choice
the beau fighter is british dough :fist:

Lanc: The B-25 is just as ugly as the Lanc, and well it could do more jobs! I really do like it only after the B-24 8) that you nice brits lambed Liberator! :shock:

brad said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
brad said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
1. GREAT SIGGY plan_D!!!
2. i would fly for das reich und fuhrer but if i had to go with allied, id go with the plane you are all forgetting!!!! THE BEAUFIGHTER!!! id attack shipping like a maniac!! and sink those kraut ships with no remorse! (see how neutral i can be? although i am rather partial to defending Europa since i am, after all, part Aryan (yes bitches, i am!) but beaus are tempting!!
yes you would fly for the germans but you said you would fly the beaufighter but you put up a picture of a messerschmitt where is the sense in that :?: :?: :?: :!: :!:
i prefer the Luftwaffe is all. and i said the Beau is TEMPTING, not my definite choice
the beau fighter is british dough :fist:
really? i didnt know that!!! thanks for the info!

I'd fly for the R.A.F so I could fly the Mossie, and rip up the ground in Tempests and Typhoons..

Vigilante said:
Bronzewhaler, you post venom like that and you are a *moderator* here? Your ideas are fine but your hatred overwhelms them.

Sorry, Crazy, tried out your site but I can see that there's nothing for me here. :(

'Hatred' is a strong word mate - i don't 'hate' Americans...i just get tired sometimes by alot of Americans putting the Brits down..it happens alot and i get fed up - The only point i was arguing was the American involvement in the B of B - i wouldn't say the Americans didn't have an important part in the war...just not as far as military assistance during the B of B - i'm proud of my country and most of my posts are passionate...if people think i'm over-the-top then thats fine...i won't say sorry cos thats just my style...i think you need to lighten up a bit mate and stop taking your country so very seriously....there are plenty of Americans on this site that are keen to learn and are greatly respected by me, but you yanks can't expect to go around making statements like the kind i responded to and get away with it...not on this site ;)

brad said:
plan_D said:
American pilots? I'm sorry I forgot that the 7 Americans in the Battle of Britain saved Britain from certain destruction by the Luftwaffe. Maybe I got it all wrong, the R.A.F were poor only due to America were they made to look good... :bad-words:
you only wish that

No, Plan_D has a point - the American fighter pilots didn't help THAT much - they were all killed very early on... ;)

You honestly think that 7 pilots would make all the difference? My gratitude to them personally but not to the nation they came from. I am thankful of America for other reasons, not Battle of Britain.

I agree...though 'thankful' isn't the right word for me...I respect America for SOME of the things it did for us :thumbleft:

It is absurd for anyone to say that America had anything to do with the great British victory in the Battle of Britain. That was yours and yours alone. I admire the courage and determination that Britain showed against seemingly hopeless odds, and I believe wholeheartedly that Britain single-handedly saved civilization in 1940. You were absolutely right about this, and the earlier poster who claimed otherwise was justly shown to have been misinformed, bigoted, or both.

You right to be proud of your country, Bronzewhaler - it is one of the greatest nations that has ever existed on this earth. And I can understand your irritation when foolish people make disparaging remarks about Britain, or fail to recognize its great achievements.

But I'm proud of my country, too, and I know hatred when I hear it expressed. Although you now claim that you were merely responding to a point regarding American involvement in the Battle of Britain, that is quite simply untrue. Your original statement that "America did little during the war to earn my respect" is much too far-sweeping for that, and directly contradicts your current claim that you "wouldn't say the Americans didn't have an important part in the war...just not as far as military assistance during the B of B."

You justify your disrespect for my country's role in the war by citing your passionate love of your own homeland, while at the same time advising me to "lighten up a bit mate and stop taking your country so very seriously." This is so patently inconsistent that it is laughable. We either can be ardent and serious or we can "lighten up," but elementary fairness requires that the same standards should apply to us both.

Finally, although you may not believe it, I am one of those "Americans on this site that are keen to learn." I have been a student of military history for almost fifty years, and I do not expect greatly to add to a lifetime accumulation of knowledge by reading casual posts on this website. Nevertheless, I am extremely interested in what life is like for people in countries other than my own, and in their hopes, dreams, beliefs, and aspirations. That is what I came here to learn about, while incidently discussing matters of common interest regarding aviation history. My sense is that you, Bronzewhaler, come not to learn but to verbally joust with others so as to display your prowess in the art of argument. Fortunately, unlike yourself, I have the ability to distinguish between a countryman and his country, and your childish disparagement of my country does nothing to diminish my profound respect for your own.

Great speech, I'm glad it wasn't directed at me. Still, the 7 Americans deserve the British nations respect, but America helped us with many other things.
I find the main irritation of most British is that mention of the British on the ground is lost soon after 1942 when the Americans got involved on the ground.

Hey, Hollywood how about a movie about the 6th Airborne on D-Day, uh!?!

Hollywood is American, so it makes (some) sense that they focus on the US primarily. Hmm...maybe some Brits should make a movie about the 6th Airborne on D-Day :p

bronzewhaler82 said:
brad said:
plan_D said:
American pilots? I'm sorry I forgot that the 7 Americans in the Battle of Britain saved Britain from certain destruction by the Luftwaffe. Maybe I got it all wrong, the R.A.F were poor only due to America were they made to look good... :bad-words:
you only wish that

No, Plan_D has a point - the American fighter pilots didn't help THAT much - they were all killed very early on... ;)

not much of one :lol: 8) 8) 8) :shock:

Not much of one? You're a joke, you think 7 pilots made a difference..hahahahaha :ahole:

Vigilante said:
It is absurd for anyone to say that America had anything to do with the great British victory in the Battle of Britain. That was yours and yours alone. I admire the courage and determination that Britain showed against seemingly hopeless odds, and I believe wholeheartedly that Britain single-handedly saved civilization in 1940. You were absolutely right about this, and the earlier poster who claimed otherwise was justly shown to have been misinformed, bigoted, or both.

You right to be proud of your country, Bronzewhaler - it is one of the greatest nations that has ever existed on this earth. And I can understand your irritation when foolish people make disparaging remarks about Britain, or fail to recognize its great achievements.

But I'm proud of my country, too, and I know hatred when I hear it expressed. Although you now claim that you were merely responding to a point regarding American involvement in the Battle of Britain, that is quite simply untrue. Your original statement that "America did little during the war to earn my respect" is much too far-sweeping for that, and directly contradicts your current claim that you "wouldn't say the Americans didn't have an important part in the war...just not as far as military assistance during the B of B."

You justify your disrespect for my country's role in the war by citing your passionate love of your own homeland, while at the same time advising me to "lighten up a bit mate and stop taking your country so very seriously." This is so patently inconsistent that it is laughable. We either can be ardent and serious or we can "lighten up," but elementary fairness requires that the same standards should apply to us both.

Finally, although you may not believe it, I am one of those "Americans on this site that are keen to learn." I have been a student of military history for almost fifty years, and I do not expect greatly to add to a lifetime accumulation of knowledge by reading casual posts on this website. Nevertheless, I am extremely interested in what life is like for people in countries other than my own, and in their hopes, dreams, beliefs, and aspirations. That is what I came here to learn about, while incidently discussing matters of common interest regarding aviation history. My sense is that you, Bronzewhaler, come not to learn but to verbally joust with others so as to display your prowess in the art of argument. Fortunately, unlike yourself, I have the ability to distinguish between a countryman and his country, and your childish disparagement of my country does nothing to diminish my profound respect for your own.

Wow, a wonderful post that I can REALLY get my teeth into...i love posts like this :p

Right...

Firstly as I say I don't HATE the US whatever you happen to think...whatever your judgement on my post is you cannot say you can see hatred in me...you have never met me, you don't know me, or clearly very much about English culture and you certainly cannot pass judgement on me...based on a post i put up when i was pissed off at some american plonkers sweeping statement - i don't HATE anyone

Let me tell you something about the English- we don't respond well to having our country bashed...though we like to piss and moan about our country, namely: the bad weather we seem to get 365 days a year, that bastard Blair who marches us nearer everyday to oblivion by following that moron Bush (yes George 'Dubyah' Bush is a moron :stoopyd: ), our poor pay, pension schemes, too many immigrants (the nations fav at the moment :rolleyes: ) anything like that we absolutely can't stand it when other people (especially people who clearly know next-to-nothing about us) criticise us and our history - particularly our part in the war which i beleived was our finest hour...the hour we British truly proved to the world that to fuck with us is to exercise in futility...Yes i DO like to argue but i happen to think conflict (verbal or otherwise) is a vital part of learning...how can you know if you are truly right, if no-one challanges you?

I'm very glad to hear that you have so much admiration and respect for my country, and i'm sorry if i seemed Anti-American to you but i'm not...if you believe me thats fine, but if you don't then thats also fine. no sweat off my nose - you do need to lighten up and so do I but as someone who is clearly just as proud of his country as i am of mine you know it isn't easy - especially when prats wind us up ( i know you think i'm a prat but I don't expect any less from an irate American who feels his country has been attacked-Look at Bushes reaction to '9-11' hes trying to conquer the world now :rolleyes: )

As for my willingness to learn..once again don't judge me - just because i like to challange people who like to think they know it all - i am most certainly here to learn...and one thing mate...this country excells at having disrespect for America (particularly at the moment) on the whole we think you are a nation of lawyer-breeding, dangerous, raving egomaniacs and your current leader is a time-bomb :explosivesmile:

Just for the record I acknowledge the sacrifice America made for the war effort but anyone who tells me America did it for any other reason than to cover its own arse :youbutthead: ...they're wrong

god bless america :badairday:

brad said:
bronzewhaler82 said:
brad said:
plan_D said:
you only wish that

not much of one :lol: 8) 8) 8) :shock:
sos i read wrong :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

When you refer to ' Britain', you should include ' the Commonwealth '. -The contribution made by these Men of different Nations was profound , and the American ' Eagle ' Sqn. was really a tradition started in WWI , some of which I read about in 74 ' Tiger ' Sqn.'s history, which spanned both War's.- Plus the Czech , Polish , Dutch etc. Sqn.'s, ALL of who were in there ' mixing-it ' early-on , in the BoB....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back