Which side would you fly for?.......

Which side would you fly for?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MP-Willow said:
As for the RAF yes they were great fliers, but only because they had American steel, pilots, and production to back them up. And Hitler got it into his head to bomb London flat rather then finish of the RAF Properly before the great Invasion

I know what you're thinking....are the Brits going to retaliate with a full-frontal bombardment of 'you're talking crap' or are we going to ignore your absurd remark for the utter tosh that it so obviously is....to be honest i can't decide myself in all this excitement...but bearing in mind that this site is packed full of Brits who are highly informed and very verbal and blunt when it comes to defending our homelands vast, proud history...you have to ask yourself a question....'Do I feel lucky?'...well do ya PUNK?!?!

:big3:

As for feeling Lucky Yes! That is an American Film Icon that takes no crap and loves to dish it out!! But to be real I do understand that this site has lots of Brits and I respect the passion of defending the homeland. But (here it comes all) If the Americans did not start sending you aid how long would the British been able to keep it all up? As for the pilot remark it was not for the battle of Britten as much as the Eagle squadrens that were the Yank volunteers who got some great battle skills and were able to help you all out.

So now you know where I am comming from. If you all still think I am full of crap and totally missimformed then you have that right. Our crazzy Duchman president (FDR) could have staid out of it all together, but for the Japs! Think on that!!

These nationalistic arguments are stupid. We don't engage in them at IL2skins!

1. GREAT SIGGY plan_D!!!
2. i would fly for das reich und fuhrer but if i had to go with allied, id go with the plane you are all forgetting!!!! THE BEAUFIGHTER!!! id attack shipping like a maniac!! and sink those kraut ships with no remorse! (see how neutral i can be? although i am rather partial to defending Europa since i am, after all, part Aryan (yes bitches, i am!) but beaus are tempting!!

MP-Willow said:
As for feeling Lucky Yes! That is an American Film Icon that takes no crap and loves to dish it out!! But to be real I do understand that this site has lots of Brits and I respect the passion of defending the homeland. But (here it comes all) If the Americans did not start sending you aid how long would the British been able to keep it all up? As for the pilot remark it was not for the battle of Britten as much as the Eagle squadrens that were the Yank volunteers who got some great battle skills and were able to help you all out.

So now you know where I am comming from. If you all still think I am full of crap and totally missimformed then you have that right. Our crazzy Duchman president (FDR) could have staid out of it all together, but for the Japs! Think on that!!

Ok - fair points...but i can't help but get the impression that you're trying (in typical American fashion) to steal the British 'thunder' as it were ;) So i'm afraid i have no choice but to 're-educate' you :thegraduate:

The Battle of Britain was (in my humble opinion) a truly defining moment in Modern British History, there has never been a repeat performance (thankgod) when we as an entire nation had joined together to defeat a monsterous enemy that some believed couldn't be stopped :vamp:

"The RAF saved Great Britain" - they should have that engraved in stone and placed all over the country to remind people of what they achived...it was the skill of the pilots and the truly amazing aircraft they flew that saved us from the Nazis...as for outside help it is indeed true that we had some pilots from abroad- France, Belgium, Poland, US, Czech etc etc (sorry if i missed any out :oops: ) but they were in a vast minority compared to the British pilots and the majority of them (especially the pilots from the US) were killed very early on in the Battle and although i wouldn't dream of pissing on what the foreign pilots did for us it has to be said that the British did more of the fighting than any other nation during the Battle of Britain (except of course the Germans :rolleyes: )

As for American aid - yes we recieved equipment and supplies from the Yanks and yes without them times would've been a damn-sight more difficult (perhaps nearly impossible who knows? :-k )
but i firmly beleive in answer to your question

"How long would the British have been able to keep it all up...?"

Until every last one of us was dead...you can believe that - Britain would rather die on its feet than its knees...as Winston Churchill once said

"We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender"

and you can bet your life he meant every word of it...a truly great man

America could've stayed out of that war and to be quite frank it bloody well would've if it wasn't for the Japanese and I have NEVER beleived that without America we would've lost the war...I don't care if 1000 people tell me otherwise - i'll never believe it - America did little during the war to earn my respect and to be honest (no offence to you as i'm sure you're a nice chap - if a little mis-informed ;) ) America didn't (and still doesn't) give a flying shit what the rest of the world does as long as it doesn't bother them...as soon as it does America will flex its mighty muscles and charge headlong into war again killing anything that moves (friendly fire my arse :cussing: )

In short (in case the point was lost amidst my ranting) Britain and the RAF won the Battle of Britain and for anyone to say otherwise (especially if they say America won it for us) is in for a very rude shock...because they couldn't be more wrong if they tried

RULE BRITTANIA :ramboface:

Bronze, that was very nice, and well said. i am sorry to have people think that as a Yank I would try to disrepect the fire and Pride of the British people or the RAF. Please remember that I have been educated in a system that is overy jaded and controled to push America and even to stress history to be very strong armed about it. You are right that the American government dose not care about the feelings of other nations and will when it so chooses reach out and take or try to, what it wants.

I started reading and writing on this site because I was interested in the RAF bomber comand and the Halifax, that is unharelded in American history and overshadowed by the Lanc. mach as the B-24 (A truely misunderstood craft!) was over shadowed by the B-17. I wanted to know, and still do, more about other nations involvment in the war.

You say that Britania would be defended to the last man, woman, and child. That sounds very similar to the reports I have read of the Japanese preparing for the home Island invasion. I do have one question for you and would like your opinion on it, that of the way that the american people changed from staying out of the war to moving all the production of a nation to war needs? Also, with the British production taking a lot of hits how much was produced in Canada?

I have truely liked reading your letter and for helping to re-educate me. Please I hope we can continue this discussion of the war and its great aircraft.

Bronzewhaler, you post venom like that and you are a *moderator* here? Your ideas are fine but your hatred overwhelms them.

Sorry, Crazy, tried out your site but I can see that there's nothing for me here. :(

Vigilante,

Bronze's comments, while perhaps a little strongly put, are (unfortunately) accurate. The UK the Commonwealth made no bones about what they would do to survive, the US was during the early years of the war, at most, a concerned by-stander until Pearl Harbour.

I don't, for a moment, think that BW "hates" Americans, after all thats MY JOB, and we're very big on demarckation here at ww2aircraft.net :D

Lighten up, stick up for your country and, unless he's being a moderator, IGNORE BROZEWHALER, we all do! :D

Kiwimac

GermansRGeniuses said:
1. GREAT SIGGY plan_D!!!
2. i would fly for das reich und fuhrer but if i had to go with allied, id go with the plane you are all forgetting!!!! THE BEAUFIGHTER!!! id attack shipping like a maniac!! and sink those kraut ships with no remorse! (see how neutral i can be? although i am rather partial to defending Europa since i am, after all, part Aryan (yes bitches, i am!) but beaus are tempting!!
yes you would fly for the germans but you said you would fly the beaufighter but you put up a picture of a messerschmitt where is the sense in that :?: :?: :?: :!: :!:

plan_D said:
American pilots? I'm sorry I forgot that the 7 Americans in the Battle of Britain saved Britain from certain destruction by the Luftwaffe. Maybe I got it all wrong, the R.A.F were poor only due to America were they made to look good... :bad-words:
you only wish that

kiwimac said:
Ach zo Crazy, I der Fuhrer von Spam vill get you before you get ze chickens!

FVS Kiwimac
say it in engilish next time

Vigilante said:
Sorry, Crazy, tried out your site but I can see that there's nothing for me here. :(

The server went down with a major failure, but will be back up again fairly soon :) See my post on it in the CS forum

And brad, that ME-109 piccy is his signature, has nothing to do with the post :D

Frankly, the nation-bashing is ridiculous. The RAF certainly could have held it's own against the Luftwaffe, but would have been very hard-pressed without the American lend-lease planes. As for being 'a concerned by-stander', we had a policy of keeping ourselves out of foreign affairs, which I don't agree with, but can understand. America, being so seperated from the rest of the world, had nothing to fear for the longest time from the Third Reich. When Japan finally launched an assault at us, we were thrown into war which we couldn't have won alone (RAF and VVS to the rescue). But yet, could Britain have invaded Fortress Europe alone? Or for that matter, beaten off Germany in the BoB and, if not, staved off Operation Sealion? The point here is that without one, the other certainly would have perished in war with Germany, but since there was support even before America entered the war, the Allies won the war hands down. So you Brits, leave America alone, because without us, you would have perished. And you American's, leave Britain alone, because without 'em, we would have had a very, VERY rough time winning our own battles. Near impossible, perhaps :-k

There, now I've said my piece. Now, feel free to punch holes in it, as I know some will :D

Yeah, I'm (part) German as well, and I would fly for GERMANY in a heart-beat. Fly for the Third Reich? Not a chance. The planes would have been interesting, but the purpose would drive me away...

Kiwimac, thank for the thoughts. We are all ready to stand up for our own side, but as a Yank I want to learn more. The US attitude was a little better in 1942, but by 1945 we were really just hitting our stride as far as production and war effort go.

I think to fly with Japan would have been nice! Over the pacific though it would have been dicey and only early in the war. Or how about to be able to fly with Doolittle's Raiders :)

brad said:
GermansRGeniuses said:
1. GREAT SIGGY plan_D!!!
yes you would fly for the germans but you said you would fly the beaufighter but you put up a picture of a messerschmitt where is the sense in that :?: :?: :?: :!: :!:
i prefer the Luftwaffe is all. and i said the Beau is TEMPTING, not my definite choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back