Which was prettier Arrow or TSR 2

which was prettier Arrow or TSR 2

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pbfoot

1st Lieutenant
Apr 14, 2005
niagara falls
Which of these non produced aircraft was prettier

Attachments

• Tsr2_duxford_arp_750pix.jpg
    Tsr2_duxford_arp_750pix.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 210
  • ARROW201-colourizedSMM.jpg
    ARROW201-colourizedSMM.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 202
Ok, I'm going to have to force these words out...I prefer the looks of the Arrow (it would be even better with a less enclosed canopy).

Phew...made it. Having got that off my chest, I must now point out that the TSR.2 is one of my all-time favourite aircraft. If only it had entered service...

Arrow.
Shame that Canada the UK did not pursued a cooperation for both planes, maybe Australia joining in.

The TSR2 is still a very sore point with many in the UK - bl**dy government murderers! Way ahead of its time, and would still be active today, with up-grades.
Whilst neither aircraft can be called pretty, I have to say (cough) that the Arrow wins on overall looks.

Ok, I'm going to have to force these words out...I prefer the looks of the Arrow (it would be even better with a less enclosed canopy).

Phew...made it. Having got that off my chest, I must now point out that the TSR.2 is one of my all-time favourite aircraft. If only it had entered service...
Good lord I don't think anybody in the UK can talk with a straight face about Canopys after you messed up the Chipmunk

I did not "mess up the Chipmunk". I had nothing to do with that incident. Some big boys did it and ran away! Anyway, I hear the Chipmunk is doing much better now and the therapy is working.

Hard. TSR.2 by a nose.

Here's another question using both these examples, which one's cancellation pisses you off the most!

Arrow cancellation, it's closer to home and would have added some solid local competition for the U.S. military industrial complex which probably would have resulted in Washington funding huge pork barrel projects and ultimately accelerated the economic crash of 2008. :(

I should write a book: How John Diefenbaker and Canada saved the world by canceling the AVRO Arrow. I am sure it would be very popular by forum subscribers :rolleyes:

Yet, the US/NASA would have suffered the loss of some sterling engineering and management talent had it not been canceled.

When I am not rooting for the USA :usa in the Olympics, I look for Canada, England, New Zealand and Oz. In that order. These places can be exchanged depending when I last saw Flight of the Conchords, or Downton Abbey or who won the America's Cup. :twisted: Not to offend any other sensitivities in this multinational forum, I also have been observed to cheer for the Japanese, the Germans, the Swiss, Italians (at my family's insistence) and God help me even the French! (Jean Claude Killy is simply the greatest human being who ever lived. May he live forever! followed closely by Austria's Franz Klammer but of course I would totally do Norway's Sonja Henie except it would be a tad necro... I could be posting in the wrong forum. Better check my coffee allowance. :tard:

Last edited:
OD is for overdose; e.g. recreational drug reference; in Oldcrow's case caffeine. Never tried any wacky backy?

Sorry Tomo, you don't have to answer that and I'm straying off topic here!

I remember once seeing a film about the Arrow story with some of Canada's great actors in it and Dan Aykroyd. Apparently they built some full scale mock ups for the film. It was pretty corny, but it told the story quite well, using models for the flying sequences. There was a documentary on the dvd as well which was almost as long as the film, but included interviews from personnel from Avro Canada who built it. I think it featured an interview with Jan Zurakowski, who flew the Arrow for the first time. Great pilot, that guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back