While looking for arrowheads, I found what I think are pieces of a crashed airplane (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep! If we could find another airframe part with an identifiable part number, that could be our smoking gun.

Hi guys....I'm really excited now!
About an hour ago, I tracked back out into the field to take one last look before fall and this is what I found:

aircraftpieces12d_zpsc1292af7.jpg

aircraftpieces12c_zps6121b16b.jpg

aircraftpieces12b_zpsb0aea3aa.jpg

aircraftpieces12a_zps94d33c4f.jpg

aircraftpieces12e_zps98c31cec.jpg

This is 4 photos of the same piece. Although it looks rusty, it is not magnetic (except for the innermost nut) and is aluminum. Just curious what this part would go to. This time I did WIDE circles around where I found all the other pieces and slowly circled into the center. I found this piece tonight in the same 50 x 50 foot are I've found everything else. So far nothing outside that tiny area.
Kim

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm on the road, sending from my I phone - looks like a landing gear strut, that piece with the caps is a schrader valve

Thanks guys! I requested the accident report yesterday so I'll see what they send me and report back. In the report, do they attempt to provide a more precise location or even include a map?
Thanks again!
Kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back