Who wants to be a POW?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow. Not quite sure what to think about that. On one hand, it'll help folks really understand what POW's went through. On the other hand....its completely nuts.

I do not think this is a good idea. Why would anyone want to do this anyhow?

I did some evasion training up in England when I was in the Army. That started us off as POWs and then we "escaped" out in the middle of a forest and had to evade. Being a soldier at the time it was fun, but why would a civilian want to do this? Crazy...

But honey, instead of that all inclusive 5 star resort in Cabo or the 7 day cruise, can't we live in filth, get yelled at, sleep on a 2x4, and get beaten for our spring break?

There was a company in Yorkshire, in the UK, a few years back, offering a similar 'experience'. It included an actual flight 'acting' as a Bomber Command navigator', before 'bailing out' (lading in the aircraft at night), a short evasion before capture, then internment in the 'PoW camp'. Escapes were organised, plus other activities, and it all took place over the period of a long weekend. The company were in business for a couple of years at least.
You'd be surprised how many 'civilians' ( some of them 'wanabes'!), who will 'go' for this sort of thing - I was involved in providing an 'SAS patrol' experience, over a weekend, for fourteen years, and was always busy! Only gave it up due to the ongoing effects of the Rheumatoid Arthritis. Of course, I was getting paid for it!!!

Just spat my coffee all over the room!! I should talk, having done it...er...more than once, shall we say. Until I discovered I could get Marizipan at the supermarket, not just on Wedding cakes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back