• Morocco: Mohammed V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • India: Subhash Chandra Bose

• Germany: Heinrich Himmler

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An alternative, and perhaps interesting way of looking at this problem is perhaps to work backwards and think about the worst political leaders in WWII.

I am not a great fan of Petain, or Rydz Smigly. Strangely, perhaps, i would not put either Mussolini, or Hitler in the bottom of the list. I dont think much of Goring, and the japanese political assessment prior to PH was also pretty poor as well. I am not all that impressed by Chiang Kai Shek either.

the worst political leaders i believe was all those who dont realized the potential threat was germany. theres was a lot oportunities to see that, but they didnt care.

Jug makes a good point, one I never thought of . When Russia invaded Poland on 17 Sept 1939, why didn't Britain and France declare war on Stalin?

The situation in Eastern Europe was rather confused. The eastern half of Poland had originally been Russian or Ukrainian land, given to Poland after WWI, it was this land that was re-taken in 1939. The Western Allies were a little bit uneasy about making a big stink about that, especially since the Nazi were job # 1. Churchill actually was looking for ways to help Finland fight the USSR in 1940, but there was no way to send aid.

Go figure ! I don't get it myself. Why is {Mackenzie-King} even in the list ?

Perhaps because some people don't know what he did during the war, only that he was PM. {National Pride perhaps} His governments position during the war sure didn't help make things easier. A more flexible policy could have helped out with the ANZAC problems in N. Africa, and might have avoided "Dieppe"

The situation in Eastern Europe was rather confused. The eastern half of Poland had originally been Russian or Ukrainian land, given to Poland after WWI, it was this land that was re-taken in 1939. The Western Allies were a little bit uneasy about making a big stink about that, especially since the Nazi were job # 1. Churchill actually was looking for ways to help Finland fight the USSR in 1940, but there was no way to send aid.

i believe fear of soviet red army is the only logic explanation. because soviet union did not invade poland to recoquest lost terrirtories but to expand the soviet union over what they believed was their "influence area".

its hard to say whos made the polish suffer more, the nazis or the soviets. soviets made a lot of executions and deploys polish prisioners to the german side many war crimes against polish civilians and atrocities vas made by red army. britain signed a treaty with poland but she just didnt acomplish the goal of its treaty, even defeat germany in 1940 sould be almost impossible, after dunkirk evacuation.

then, the hope of a german defeat was in the soviet hands and the easter front, the barbarossa operation was the real point where nazis start to fall. tragical isnt ? the guy who was so mean likes your worst enemy now was your only hope...

thats why im very interested by that historical figure, stalin, he was the plage and also the cure of another plage, he was an necessary evil, but if allies didnt invaded normandy that evil could reach the beaches of portugal.

the main figure of ww2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back