Why the ads?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Have seen some odd ads in some of our members posts, I'm quite sure that it's not them, is it a spam thingy or something else??

Edit....and now even mine, what's going on here??

Last edited:
Yes why the adds? If it is to support the site, please let us know. And who is making the decision to implement them, or is it Google placing them wether we like it or not?

It's like the New rewards cards at Coles, in order to Get the rewards I have to give them ALL my details, this is so they can Track the customer.

Now to get rid of these adds, we have to "Sign up"! They already know My Demographic, and age group. This tells me they are already Tracking my Google searches, so what more do they need to know?????

Just sayin.

I'm getting the ads showing up now as if I'm a guest (not logged in)...

I get a large ad in the lead post (about 300x300 px) and then a banner style ad in the space between the lead post and following post on each page :/

Thank heavens! I was about to post, asking how to get rid of them, as I thought it was part of the connection problem I've been having (now hopefully cured).
Like others, I'm seeing ads between posts, in some posts, and in the title header. I've also encountered a UK survey 'flash screen', which can not be cancelled by clicking the 'x' button, only by disconnecting from the 'net totally!
Glad to know it's not just me, and good to know Admin are on to it.

I got the same Google junk. "opt Out" I hope deletes the ads altogether but it did say something about a cookie.

Yep, all of mine are relative to recent google/ebay searches. I'm only getting them on the work computer as it runs IE, at home I use Mozilla and the mentioned adblocker add-ons and don't get them, or as many. geez, there's a lot of them though! Almost 1 per post.

Like I mentioned before, these ads that are showing to members recently are exactly what a non-registered user (guest) sees...

I check on this site once in a while from my computer at work as a guest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back