Wildcats collection (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

actually this may be a dumb question but do you get any extras with the models, ordance, ground crew etc....

and do the under carriage retract at all have changeable parts.

Apart from the stuka of course lol.

No extra's Heinz, they do have some moving parts though, props, wheels and a few of them have removable canopies like the mossies and my P40's.

Both models look very nice . Wildcat, you have said they were 1:48 scale models so if they are made of metal they have to weigh a bit.Do you know what is the weight of one model or all your collection?
yeah mate they do weight a bit, especially the mossie, P47 and F6F, saying that though I haven't actually weighed them so can't give you a figure.

Nice models Wildcat, they certainly look worth the price.
I think so, and that's what I tell the wife!!:lol:

Here are my two P40's. The first one a USAAF machine.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 98
This is my absolute favourite model yet. Dick Cresswells famous P40. Note my sig pic:cool:. Cresswell was the first Australian to shoot down an enemy a/c over Australia in 1942.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 103
On the USAAC P-40. Anyone ever seen that chin radiator configuration before?

Also the spinner seems to be incorrect.But the model looks nice.I think Matt that in the case it is unimportant.Certainly, it would be better if it could be much more accurate.The whole Wildcat's collection must look graet.

wow those are the nicest mdels ive ever seen. great job. got any tips for painting cuz yours are so well done.

Also the spinner seems to be incorrect.But the model looks nice.I think Matt that in the case it is unimportant.Certainly, it would be better if it could be much more accurate.The whole Wildcat's collection must look graet.
Guys, I believe it is a Merlin powered P-40 (P-40F?) instead of the normal Allison engine, note how there is no air scoop on top of the engine. Compare it to my RAAF P-40E.

Very nice wildcat. I'm diggin it.
Thanks mate.

wow those are the nicest mdels ive ever seen. great job. got any tips for painting cuz yours are so well done.
They come fully painted and assembled, one reason I buy them, all the hard work is done:lol:

Here's my zero:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 73
Yeah they're not cheap especially the limited edition ones like my Corsair, Mossie, Spit and RAAF P-40. You tend to pay more because they are released in "foreign" colours (Franklin Mint being American). And then if you buy the BIG ones like the B17's, B24's, C47, Ju52 etc you are paying over $200 Australian! Anyway that's my whole collection now although the wife is buying me a silver RAAF Mustang for my Birthday in a few weeks time:D

Here's some pics of my RAAF PTO collection, thought I would post this pic because they look great together!!:D 8)

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 127
Oh and to prove I can make my own models, albeit not very good, here is a Buffalo I made a while back. It's the Tamiya 1:48 kit painted in RNZAF colours while at Singapore8)

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 111
Hey Wildcat happy birthday for a few weeks time.........

The pictures look grand and the Buffalo is pretty good, much better than anything i'd do although I dont know if thats a compliment :oops: :lol:

Probably shouldn't say this, but I like the Brewster the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back