Will these colors work inside a Bf 109E-4?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ferretmaster

Recruit
Jan 30, 2012
I am throwing together Cyber Hobby's BF 109E-4 in 1/32. What a great kit. Just painted the cockpit RLM02. I had recently seen an article in which the seat was RLM66 but the interior was RLM02. I was wondering if I can go with that in my BF 109E-4. I made some foil belts with hardware and I think the dark seat will make them pop. I am no subject matter expect on aircraft so any help would be appreciated.

Most Bf109E-4s would have an RLM02 interior including the seat. But,and there's always a but,by 1940 RLM66 was certainly starting to appear in Bf109 interiors and on the frames of the new heavier canopies. I can't think of an example of an RLM66 seat at an early date but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have happened. It's your model,if you like the look of it I'd say go for it.
Cheers
Steve

I've certainly seem monochrome photos, where the interior of early 1940 and BoB period '109Es appears to be RLM02, with a darker coloured seat. It's difficult to say if the seat (in these photos) is RLM66 and, on some 109Es I've built, I opted for a shade nearer to RLM74, just to provide some contrast.
I've also seen preserved (un-restored) colour cockpit shots in overall RLM 66, and some as described above, and some overall RLM 02 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back