"Wings of a Dream" - Brazilian Aviation Museum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, the 109 in this collection has a very nice history. It was based in Finland, and damage in combat with Soviet fighters. The pilot managed to land on a frozen lake in Norway, but the plane just sited there until the lake de-froze. It sunk and it was only raised again on the 80's. Sadly, the serial number was impossible to tell, so the doubt remains about wheter it was a LW machine or one those given to the finish air force.

Personally, I don´t like the fact that they went with Marseille's look in the restauration. It is to well known. I would have liked something more obscure, maybe even the originalpaint-scheme for a 109 serving in Finland around 43. (which Jagdgeschwader would that be?). But that is just me…

You wouldn't have anu more picture of the L-19 Bird dog. I intend to build my son a model of it.

I am so intersted in the Corsair. I'm from the home town where it started out as a war memorial from 1943 to 1965. I'd like to see it return to the city as a permanent display for the airport (and the up-coming museum). I'm still researching more information about why it was given to Provo, Utah in 1943 (by who, etc.) and to find out why it was sitting in the rail yard untill being sold in 1965. (the year I was born). I guess its my quest to bring this bird back home. If any one has old pictures or information about its 20 year stay in Utah, I'd love to talk about it! Thanks. -Reed-

Thank you.

Every plane looks like it was restored and rebuilt with meticulous care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back