[WIP] DCG: Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
Hi Guys

Just to let you know I'm nearly finished with the Master Map for this campaign. This is for everybody that loves Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (Lowengrin.com: News)

I was going to wait for the final release of the channel map, but dang, my patience is only that long, and I don't want to ask the developer(Canon_uk) as these guys work so hard at AAA and people do get banned when they start to get annoying.

I hope for this to be out for downloads at the end of May(Let's be realistic :) )

It will be historically correct as possible, but you dcg fans know that you can alter the course of history with dcg!

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress!!

edd

I did some testing on the map last night, and think I've got way to much stationary objects. Could only get about 28-30fps. I'll do some more editing today.

I'm not to bothered with eyecandy, as you cant see the pretty little tractor next to the runway, when you trying to break up 40 HE111's! :)

edd

Yeah for sure! Like I said, I just could not wait for the final release of the map anymore :)

Come to think of it, after the final release of the map, I can just copy/paste the info onto a new notepad file and there you go!!

Luckily I also have some help form Scharnhorst, especially with the *.rds files

But I'll keep you posted

edd

You better finish it quickly cus it sounds good, and i wann try!

I made one myself, but its justa noob map with loads of planes and lots os targets, bombers and fighters lol. ( i build it at the online Island map)

I think i can post it here for those who wanna try this fiction battle. But it far from as cool as the one you are building :p

hey eddie, i have a game here with very realistic mods. its called silent hunter 3, i believe i can get you some info on the british harbours aswell as the french and by german occupied harbours.
ill go on the search and ill give you all i can find in few moments

@Eddie: here are all the British ports (excluded ireland ports)

Britain North: Stornoway
Scapa Flow
Loch Ewe
Ullapool
Inverness

Britain East: Aberdeen
Dundee
Firth of Forth
Rosyth
Blyth
Hartlepoll
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hull
Lowesoft

Britain South: Harwich
Southend
Dover
Folkstone
Brighton
Portsmouth
Southhampton
Portland
Exmouth
Plymouth

Britain West: Bristol
Cardiff
Swansea
Holyhead
Liverpool
Blackpool
Stanraer
Firth of Clyde
Greenock
Tobermoray

German controlled ports (the ports of holland, Belgium, France)

Holland: Den Helder
Amsterdam
Den Haag
Rotterdam

Belgium: Antwerp
Zeebrugge
Oostende

France: Dunkirk
Calais
Boulogne
Dieppe
Le Havre
Cherbourg
Brest (u-boat and kriegsmarine base)
Lorient (u-boat and kriegsmarine base)
St. Nazaire (u-boat and kriegsmarine base)
La Rochelle
Bordeaux

If you need to know more or need to have the bases of germany itself and Norway just ask ;)

Sturmer

WoW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Thanks alot for this info.

Forums members may thank you here:
As I finished the harbours in less that an hour, once again thank you sturmer

I'm also done with the radar stations

edd

no problem at all mate, its nice to help people for a good cause :D
btw i was wondering is the BoB only limited to the English Channel? i read somewhere that there where German bomber and fighter squadrons bombing the north-east of Britain from their bases in Norway. will they be included?

no problem at all mate, its nice to help people for a good cause :D
btw i was wondering is the BoB only limited to the English Channel? i read somewhere that there where German bomber and fighter squadrons bombing the north-east of Britain from their bases in Norway. will they be included?

I will include them, but just as an "offmap" base, as I'm only using the canon_uk map. It will be as historically as possible, but it is DCG, so the outcome will not always be historical :)

Cant wait to get into my '88 and blow some radar stations to pieces :twisted: :twisted:

edd

I will include them, but just as an "offmap" base, as I'm only using the canon_uk map. It will be as historically as possible, but it is DCG, so the outcome will not always be historical :)

Cant wait to get into my '88 and blow some radar stations to pieces :twisted: :twisted:

edd

i rather go for the stuka myself for that, i just love the howling sound it makes when divebombing.
the major difficulty i have is the actually diving in possition and drop the bombs on target lol

Ok, I have done:

1 Airfields
2 Harbours
3 London
4 Radar Stations
5 Flak Positions

I'm posting the master here. View attachment BoB Master.rar

Please use in quick mission and let me know how your frame rates are. I think I might have a little too much flak, but please test and let me know.

Also...If there is anything you guys think that should be added/removed, please post it, as I want this DCG campaign to be a huge success

edd

hey edd, where do i have to extract the file too?

It is basically the master template that will be used by DCG. There are no flights as yet on it. Just zip to your single missions folder, etc. Missions/Single/GB.

Then open in FMB, add a few flights and just fly over map. All I want to find out is how differently people systems get affected by all the objects on the map. I'm just a bit scared there are to many objects, and I'm trying to cater for lower end machines as well.

edd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back